INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Selection of resume watch or watch from start for videos  (Read 817 times)

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck

In other media players when you start a movie or a TV episode the player asks via a dialog box whether you want to resume from where you left off or start from the beginning. This is very useful, since I will often want to watch a movie from the start even if I've watched part of it in the past. Also, I would like to be able to defeat the watched icon, as I can in other programs. I don't want a check mark beside the movies that I've watched or partially watched.

By the way, .101 is working great for me!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

By default, MC bookmarks all video files and playback will start from the place where you left off. "All video files" is not exactly true, I'm sure that video clips shorter than a certain length are not bookmarked, but I cannot remember the finer details.

If you would like the bookmark to be cleared, pressing "Stop" twice clears the bookmark for the currently file in playing now.

There is a "Use Bookmarking" field that you can add to a file list or the tag window that allows us to switch this behaviour between three states, Yes, No or Default, on a per file(s) basis.

As for the 'checkmarks', they will be fixed in the near future. See this thread for more info.

Regards,
-marko

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck

Thanks, I did not know about the use bookmarking field. I guess I can turn this off for all video files. I would still like the option when the video starts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up