INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with bit perfect?  (Read 1022 times)

Skraffa

Problem with bit perfect?
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:03:18 pm »

Hi I'm trying out the trial for jriver and I have a hrt ms2+ dac plus windows 7 x64 bit and I'm having an issue where when i go to play a .flac file (cd rip) it says it couldnt be started at 44.1 16 bits per channel and 2 channels and said that it would work at 44.1 24 bits per channel and 2 channels? I dont wanna lose audio quality so is this an issue and if so how would i fix it? and then after I press cancel it says playback could not be started on the output wasapi event style using 44.1 16 bits per channel and 2 channels. It says that the output format may not be supported by my hardware?

Iam also perplexed at the fact that jriver imported my mp3's even though I asked it not too in the auto import settings although the mp3's still work fine and i would assume they would be 44.1 16 bits per channel and 2 channels so am bit confused? Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with bit perfect?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

For the best audio quality, you should select the highest bitdepth your audio hardware supports in DSP Studio > Output Format.  Adding bits is a lossless change, and does not change the bit-perfect nature of the output.

It's common for good DACs to require 24-bit input.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Skraffa

Re: Problem with bit perfect?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

alright sweet thanks was afraid it would affect it since cds are 16 bit not 24 but will try it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up