INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Questions I Need To Clear Up: Subtitles and VideoClock  (Read 938 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Two Questions I Need To Clear Up: Subtitles and VideoClock
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »

I have a good grasp on most of the things going on behind the scenes with regards to filters, etc.

However, I cannot find proper documentation of two MC features: the subtitles settings in Options->Video and VideoClock.

First of all, VideoClock: Does it work in bitstream mode? Does it function any differently than Reclock? How can I know it is working? I still get a lot of judder in panning scenes on my HTPC: is it supposed to help in these situations?

Second of all, subtitles: do the subtitles settings in MC override the splitter/subtitle renderer settings? And if so, why? How can I keep MC out of the path of displaying subtitles? LAV Splitter does a great job choosing forced subtitle streams: does MC then use an internal subtitle renderer or does it choose which streams to prevent to the splitter? I'm really confused about the subtitle settings in MC because it seems like a crapshoot.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Two Questions I Need To Clear Up: Subtitles and VideoClock
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:20:44 am »

Subtitles should work better with build 105.  If you're having specific problems with 105, please start a thread describing the issue.

You can read a little about VideoClock here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/VideoClock

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up