INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mastermind: Video / Red October problems  (Read 2577 times)

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
Mastermind: Video / Red October problems
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:34:10 am »

I get unexpected errors with RO on and lose the ability to choose aspect ratio with Windows Merit Based switched on. I sent a log with these errors after the arrival of the last build. So I'm guessing I'll have nothing new to add this time around.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Mastermind: Video / Red October problems
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:30:40 am »

Thanks for the log.

Is there any way you could share a sample AVI that won't play?  The log was attempting to play this file:
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\My Videos\TV & Film\TV Shows\Childrens\Batman\Season 1\6 Batman Is Riled (1966).avi

In this case, the LAV filter could not open the file.  But the system AVI splitter could (which merit based renderering used).

Is the issue only with AVI files?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 10:46:45 am »

The issue is also with MKV and mpg files. For each new build I have tried to play file after file as a test but none have worked. The undexpected error is always the same.

If you look further down in the same log, you will see the program Angry Boys which is an mpg file, that also caused the error. Futher still is an MKV of Ashes to Ashes which again caused the error. There are probably more.

I have been through a number of different programs for creating video files and also record TV as mpg files. It doesn't matter where or when I created a file or, indeed, who gave it to me, it won't work. I feel safe in saying, that on my system RO will not play any video files.

But RO did work on the first build that was released, it was around build 100 that it broke for me.

I think I still have a You Send It Account and can post a file sample on there if you like. But the problem is not limited to one file type.

Cheers.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00:10 am »

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 11:07:03 am »

It looks like the LAV filter isn't working on your system.

We haven't seen this, so could use some help tracking down the issue.

Look here:
[Application Data]\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav

Can you register (run with regsvr32.exe) LAVSplitter.ax?

What if you give LAVSplitter.ax or the AV*.dll files to Dependency Walker?

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 04:28:39 am »

Can you register (run with regsvr32.exe) LAVSplitter.ax?
I tried doing that from the command line and, provided I got the process right,  I received the message:

LAVsplitter.ax is not an executable file and no registration helper is registered for this file type.

What if you give LAVSplitter.ax or the AV*.dll files to Dependency Walker?

Did that with LAVsplitter.ax, amongst a whole lot of technical info, I note these error messages. If I need to look out for something else, let me know. I saved the info as a text file so I can send it to you.

Module           File Time Stamp    Link Time Stamp    File Size   Attr.  Link Checksum
[D? ] EFSADU.DLL       Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2).
[D? ]  IESHIMS.DLL      Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2).
[D? ]  WER.DLL          Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified (2).
[ ! ]  AVCODEC-53.DLL   Error processing the module's imports table.

and this

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Warning: At least one module was corrupted or unrecognizable to Dependency Walker, but still appeared to be a Windows module.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:47:10 am »

The error on registering sounds like either the file corrupted, or something went terribly wrong.

You wouldn't be running 64-bit Win XP by any chance, would you?

When i run depdency walker (2.2 x86) on 32-bit XP SP3 on LAVSplitter.ax, all warnings i get are about "mpr.dll", which is a dependency of some windows dll, which is perfectly normal. That always shows up, but works fine.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:15 am »

You wouldn't be running 64-bit Win XP by any chance, would you?
Nope

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 04:57:46 am »

The error on registering sounds like either the file corrupted, or something went terribly wrong.
I put this to the test, renamed my lav folder in MC application data and then ran a video file. MC re-downloaded LAV and it seems to be working on the couple of files I've tested.

That includes RO HQ settings.

Looks like a corrupt file was probably the culprit.

Thank you all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up