INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nvidia Gforce is terrible with TV  (Read 1889 times)

chew.isaac

• Recent member
Nvidia Gforce is terrible with TV
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:04:12 am »

Today I just migrated my MC16 from a laptop using ATI graphics card to a new laptop using Nvidia GT540M.

On the laptop with ATI graphics card, using Red October and MadVR in the video settings, the picture is great and look very high def. It connects on 1080p to my Bravia TV (full hd).

Today on the new laptop (Nvidia GT540M), the video looks terrible with J river settings unchanged. I try maxing all the settings in the Nvidia control panel for performance to no avail.

Is anyone using a Nvidia with Optimus technology who can shed some light? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Nvidia Gforce is terrible with TV
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:09:01 pm »

I don't know about the mobile vesion but a GT-545 desktop board does live tv wih LavCuvid as the decoder and madVR rendering asbsolutely great.

Are you using LAV CUVID as your video decoder?

chew.isaac

• Recent member
Re: Nvidia Gforce is terrible with TV
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:55 pm »

The solution to my problem is simple. I need to update my Nvidia drivers. Nev directed me to a link on Nvidia site and I installed the latest drivers and now everything works. J river RO in both std and HQ version also "just works". I had some problem with the so-called "Optimus" technology but having used it for a while, it does works well for my computer, even with all settings on default, though I still can't quite figure why would I want to save power when I am plugged in to the wall. Being environmentally friendly I guess.

Before this I had not known that Madvr does not work yet with VOB files. I did not know you can check the filters by right clicking when the video is playing. I had assume Madvr is used. Many people seems to favor MKV so I converted a VOB to MKV using MakeMKV. Works great. Madvr and LAV CUVID are both used when I play the MKV files in MC16 using RO HQ with HW Acce switched on. Fantastic. Nev's tip really made my day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up