INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with 115 - where is the mouse?  (Read 2394 times)

baba100

Problems with 115 - where is the mouse?
« on: June 22, 2011, 07:44:15 am »

Hi all

In installed the 115 version and have some problems.

1.Even if I chose “video render” Haali video render its gave me only EVR, from my test I think Haali deliver better result, actually the only options  
   MC run here is EVR- please check if possible to chose (and get) Haali video render.

2.Normally when movie is playing, we had the options mouse right click and then we got some options, for me what was important is
   “directshow filters”  now the mouse right click is disappear

3. when MC 115 version is ruining the mouse start having weird movement on the screen.

The right click mouse on running full screen video, is disappeared

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with 115 - where is the mouse?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:13 am »

2.Normally when movie is playing, we had the options mouse right click and then we got some options, for me what was important is
   “directshow filters”  now the mouse right click is disappear

This is a bug in the current build with the EVR renderer.  They're working on a fix (it was only reported recently).

I don't understand what you're asking for in point #1 at all.  And, I'm really not sure what you're talking about in #3 either.  My mouse is working fine with the current build of MC.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:12:06 am »

Oh, I didn't see that they released last night's beta in public.

Upgrade to build 116 and you'll have the right-click menu back with EVR.

baba100

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 10:27:28 am »

Hi Glynor

Many thanks for your quick reply.

1. for MKV files I set the render (“video render”) to Haali video render.
    when the movie is ruining and I click the mouse right click, and chose Directshow filter, its show EVR, in the old versions of MC if you set  
    “video render” to Haali video render, you will see it run when the movie is play (under Directshow filter)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:30 am »

What DirectShow Selection Method are you using (under Options -> Video -> General Video)?

Haali's video renderer may not be in the whitelist for allowed filters in the "Red October With Additional" modes.  You might have to use Windows Merit if you want Haali's renderer for now.  Someone else will have to comment.

Is there a particular reason you want to use Haali's renderer instead of the default ones used by Red October?  These are:

Red October Standard: EVR
Red October HQ: madVR

baba100

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 11:02:50 am »

Hi

I'm using only "Windows Merit" options.

BTW,
I made some test with some tools, and I found that:

1. Haali use better the memory on the video card.
2. Madvr is not Hardware decoder. (at least when i test it long time ago.)
3. I think Haali + CoreAvc is strong combination.
4. I don't like the way how MadVr jump from exclusive to window mode (flickering)
5. In some movies MadVr cause to LipSyn problem.

I'll be happy if you share your opinion, and your advice.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:30 am »

I'm using only "Windows Merit" options.

There is probably then either some problem with your installation of Haali's renderer, or something wrong with the Windows Merit system in MC.  I'd guess the latter, but I'm not sure.  I don't have Haali's renderer installed anywhere to test it.

1. Haali use better the memory on the video card.
2. Madvr is not Hardware decoder. (at least when i test it long time ago.)
3. I think Haali + CoreAvc is strong combination.
4. I don't like the way how MadVr jump from exclusive to window mode (flickering)
5. In some movies MadVr cause to LipSyn problem.

1. I don't know about this... All of my video cards have plenty of vRAM, so it has never been a serious issue for me.  Do renderers even make heavy use of vRAM?  They aren't loading any textures or anything.
2. madVR is not a decoder, it is a renderer.  I'm not sure what you mean here.
3. That's fine.
4. This is VERY easy to fix.  Disable Exclusive mode in madVR.  I don't like it either, so I turn off exclusive.  You only have to turn it off once.
5. I haven't seen this.  You may be running it on too slow of a PC to handle it.

Something else I should mention... You are certainly free to use the "not-recommended" Windows Merit system.  And, in theory, it should work properly for people who need to use it.  However, I wouldn't count on a lot of improvements in this area beyond getting it working like it did in MC15.  This is essentially now the "deprecated" method in MC for selecting video filters.  If you have problems here (beyond actual bugs where it doesn't work the same as it did in MC15), you are likely going to have trouble getting help on this.  It is essentially unsupported (again, once we are sure it is back to "normal").

I would strongly recommend that you try Red October Standard (with Additional Filters) instead, and just swap in CoreAVC where appropriate (and try adding Haali's renderer there too if you want to use it).  I know CoreAVC works fine this way.  I'm not sure about Haali's renderer, but if it doesn't, they can probably add it to the whitelist unless there is a specific problem with it.

The Red October system works quite well now, and is very high-quality (even in Standard Mode).

Pages: [1]   Go Up