INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about Videoclock and Auto display settings  (Read 1268 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe

First of all, i love the new video-features in MC, it really has matured a lot in v16. I have a couple of small questions about the videoclock-feature though.

1. If i set videoclock to work, and start the info-overlay in madVR, madVR still reports that i will have a frame repeat every 40 seconds or so. Is this cause for concern? Or is this just based on the sources original framerate and the current refreshrate of the monitor, and no case for concern?

2. Auto display is a very very nice feature, but i have a small gripe with it, as you may or may not know, ATI-cards has to settings, 24 Hz, and 23 Hz, the latter is actually 23.967 and the former is exactly 24 Hz. I am only able to choose 1080p24Hz in MC, and then the monitor runs at 24 Hz exactly instead of 23.967. Although this is a minor problem with videoclock enabled, it still would be nice if I was able to set it to the "right" refreshrate.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: A couple of questions about Videoclock and Auto display settings
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:09:28 am »

First of all, i love the new video-features in MC, it really has matured a lot in v16. I have a couple of small questions about the videoclock-feature though.
Yup lots of focus on Video  ;D recently and with some luck a bit more refinement to come!

1. If i set videoclock to work, and start the info-overlay in madVR, madVR still reports that i will have a frame repeat every 40 seconds or so. Is this cause for concern? Or is this just based on the sources original framerate and the current refreshrate of the monitor, and no case for concern?
No concern as it is a calculation, focus on if you see (or have reported) dropped/repeated frames.

2. Auto display is a very very nice feature, but i have a small gripe with it, as you may or may not know, ATI-cards has to settings, 24 Hz, and 23 Hz, the latter is actually 23.967 and the former is exactly 24 Hz. I am only able to choose 1080p24Hz in MC, and then the monitor runs at 24 Hz exactly instead of 23.967. Although this is a minor problem with videoclock enabled, it still would be nice if I was able to set it to the "right" refreshrate.
I have reported an issue in that MC only "sees" the "std enumerated" refresh rates reported by Windows (which could be why you are not seeing all available refresh rates).  Anyway, it really does not matter when using videoclock and if anything 24hz is the "right" refresh rate (it was all filmed in 24fps but then encoded at the slightly slower 23.967 rate to be more compatible with NTSC equipment).
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up