INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new htc sensation. using es explorer, chosing movies on server,streams instantly  (Read 13985 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

clarification please....

I been using gizmo for bout a yr now. and have had alot of connection problems (just loose connection after few songs) and as far as videos, I have never been able to have a video on gizmo play instantly. For  amusic video 3 minutes 45 seconds it usually take 7-10 minutes before it will start to play. and literally 80% of the time it stops playing after a few seconds and then Gizmo tries to re-load it, which then usually turns into a gizmo lock up.

Does this have something to do with my settings?

I bought a new HTC sensation, and im using ES explorer, which allows you to see network files, and i've chose 10 movies now of all sizes from 10 diffrent drives, and every movie starts streaming instantly with htc streaming player..

Why can i not gizmo to do this?

Ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

If any of you have accomplished streaming videos from your servers using a method then gizmo and it's been reliable, could you guide me in the right direction? I'd really love to be able to watch all my vids on my cell with.. ES explorer route is very sloppy, no thumbnails. and you have to go through all the network folders to find what you want (there is no all in one interface like GIZMO where things are sorted and in groups.)

Thanks!

HTPC4ME

Not sure if this is the right section... would i have better luck in network thread?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

I can have a play with my Galaxy Tab later in the week and report back on what I find.
JRiver CEO Elect

HTPC4ME

Would appreciate that Jmone.
Thanks for reply.

HTPC4ME

Another thing i noticed when i use gizmo, is it takes the video files i try to watch and puts a converted version in C:\Users\joeblow\Videos\jriver converted

This is dangerous as well, if a person waits long enough to watch the movie, and then watches more movies, eventually there C drive will get filled up. For someone like me having to convert ALL movies, would be teras of extra space needed.

I ran a test with the ES explorer app, and that seems to just get the stream automatically( i have no clue what on the windows machine is doing it), but it doesnt leave a converted file anywhere on c drive. ( i tested the space on c drive with scanner before streaming movies to phone, and after streaming 8 - 700mb movies, my file size for C was the same)  Can this be accomplished with Gizmo? Are there settings i'm missing?

Thanks.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!

FYI - Audio seems OK to me (converts it all to MP3).  Video seems to be having issues and I've stared a thread on it.  FYI, the converted stuff is stored in a temp folder (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Temp) though the files are deleted post streaming so your HDD should not fill up.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up