INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Commands, feature requests  (Read 769 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Remote Commands, feature requests
« on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:57 pm »

I have some request for the remote/command-part of MC. Today it works well, but I think it would be greatly improved if one adds a bit more of an advanced command-ifrastructure (both for blasts and other commands).

What I would like to see is running commands based on events, not just keypresses. For instance "on movie-play, run command this and this, and blast this and this" for instance. This would be very useful for a number of reasons. (setting a particular setting on the TV for watching movies for instance).

Furthermore i have some small feature-requests for the blasting part itself.

1. Choose pauses that are less than 1 second, I use the pause mainly for stringing many remote commands after eachother, somtimes a pause is needed, however 1 second is pretty long.

2. Faster repeat -rates of the blasting itself, it often is a good deal slower than "natvie", for instance when using voume-controls. Some devices sends a different signal from the remote itself when you press it longer, but even for devices that do not, JRM often sends the blast at a slower rate than the original remote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up