INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I replace this card?  (Read 1448 times)

bobrap

• Recent member
Should I replace this card?
« on: August 23, 2011, 05:34:08 pm »

Hi guys, need some help/info.  I'm running a Q9550 CPU and an ATI HD 5450.  I don't game and my primary use is as a HTPC.  Lots of Blu-ray wante4d to be played through MC16.

Question is should I look for a different video card?  Opinions here seem to lean towards nVidia (I think).  Any suggestions is really appreciated.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Should I replace this card?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:37:09 pm »

The HD5450 is a great little card (used one for a year) but it will have issues with madVR (RO HQ) especially on some media (such as Interlaced based Blu-ray - eg TV Shows, Concerts).  If it currently handles all you media I would not change it.  If you are struggling to get smooth stutter free playback on some media types then un update may be the answer. 
JRiver CEO Elect

bobrap

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:44:48 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I'm new to MC and trying to get the most out of it.  The only video playback problems that I have is setting the resolution to 1920x1080x24.  Playback isn't smooth and audio sync is a problem.  x60 works just fine.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 05:05:15 pm »

Try checking VideoClock.  It is designed to keep Audio and Video in sync but only works if you are decoding on the PC and not bitstreaming.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up