INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Fit to Disc/Media  (Read 797 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen
Feature Request: Fit to Disc/Media
« on: August 13, 2011, 11:49:56 am »

Hello again!

I've been steadily using MC16 and loving it. Something I've found lacking in MC16 (and any other tool I know of) is the ability to say, copy a playlist for burning and have an option to "fit to media" by reencoding the files.

An example. Say I have all of Metallica's albums ripped as WMA High Quality. Let's say I want to put ALL of their albums on a CD. Well, at WMA HQ settings, you'll have a lot more space taken up than can fit on a CD. Since I want to use a CD in my car that can read MP3/WMA CDs, I want try to fit all my chosen tracks on the disc. Problem is, currently I have to reencode them in MC16 into a separate folder or using an external program.

What I'd like is an option to say "fit all 100 tracks of Artist XYZ onto CD" and burn it. Walk away, let MC16 reencode my media, come back an hour or so later and have a burned CD, burned DVD, burned Blu Ray, USB stick or whatever full of music and all of it on disc.

An option you could include is "don't drop below this quality." This quality being say, "don't reencode if files would drop below 192 mbps effective rate." MC16 analyzes your music, decides it can't reencode at or above that level to the chosen media and prompts for dropping the limit, deleting tracks or whatever other options people might want. It should also scan the playlist and if the media can't be encoded to ever fit on the chosen media, there should be an error for that as well. Say I want to burn every Mozart track ever recorded, including every orchestra or pianist or whatever has ever done Mozart's music. That would be... a TON of music and a huge amount of files, no amount of encoding will ever get that on CD and error out.

Just an idea, but a feature I would love with all the CDs I burn for my car that are compilations.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Fit to Disc/Media
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »

I don't work with audio (CDs) but for Blu-ray (BDs) there is a nice, free, program that will do just that.
Go to SlySoft forums and under the High Definition Software thread, this is a sticky thread with the program you want. Here is a link to the program/thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=40349

Read thru the thread for instructions on how to use the program. Post any questions you may have on the Slysoft forum.
Good Luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up