INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After tagging photos, I don't see the tags?  (Read 1673 times)

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
After tagging photos, I don't see the tags?
« on: October 19, 2011, 02:53:15 pm »

I've tagged people throughout all of my photos but when I go and view them in Windows Explorer and look at the 'People' tag, they are all empty.

In my JRMC16 settings under 'General' I have the box for update tags when file info changes checked.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: After tagging photos, I don't see the tags?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:35:35 pm »

If you go into Standard View, and look at Images>Files, you can display the fields you are interetsed in seeing. Can you see the data you entered in the People field? If People field/tag is not shown click on the column header and select "add new category" then find/add the one you want.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 07:27:49 pm »

I've tagged people throughout all of my photos but when I go and view them in Windows Explorer and look at the 'People' tag, they are all empty.

In my JRMC16 settings under 'General' I have the box for update tags when file info changes checked.

MC writes its image tags in JRiver's MJMD format. Windows Explorer does not support MJMD tags.

See the attached screenshot. MC's tag dump shows the physical MJMD tags directly from the file.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »

is there a way to export these tags into a more universal format so that if i import them to a phone or take transfer them to someone else, they can view the tags much like they could view the tag of the camera used, the date the picture was taken, etc?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »

The Caption library field is stored in an IPTC tag. Some programs (and maybe also some devices) support it. You can copy the contents of the People field to Caption by using the Move/Copy Fields tool.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »

I've found a similar issue, but in reverse.

I tagged TIF photos with Windows (7) Explorer (I entered title and subject tags in photo properties through Explorer) and they are not visible w/ MC16.

Can MC16 read Windows Explorer tags applied to TIF photos??
Pages: [1]   Go Up