INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.14  (Read 45754 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.10
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 05:31:46 am »

If you look at the debug file after trying it with MyMovies you should see what MyMovies is passing as the path. You are right, it is entirely possible that if it has a backslash on the end that would be the problem. Will be very easy for me to change. Look in the debug first though and post what the path looks like so I can make sure I make it match for what MyMovies is doing.

NickF

Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.10
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 06:15:35 am »

The path from the debug when using MyMovies is:

G:\dvds\Anastacia - Live At Last\VIDEO_TS

and this doesn't work.

The path from the debug when I am using command line is:

G:\dvds\Anastacia - Live At Last

and this does work.

So it seems that MyMovies is already adding VIDEO_TS so you don't need to.

Update:

I have now confirmed this by duplicating the VIDEO_TS folder contents in a second VIDEO_TS folder inside the original one to make the path work.  And it works!  So if you remove your VIDEO_TS and just append the filename, it should work.

Another update:

I just had a look at a ripped Blu-Ray with BDMV and STREAM folders with .m2ts files.  Your debug shows that MyMovies appends \BDMV to the movie folder path so MCPlayClose would need to append \STREAM and a .m2ts file but I'm not sure which.  Is there a convention for this?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

justsomeguy

Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.11
« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 11:24:04 pm »

Ok, I think this one should do it. URL removed, bad site.
I just had a look at a ripped Blu-Ray with BDMV and STREAM folders with .m2ts files.  Your debug shows that MyMovies appends \BDMV to the movie folder path so MCPlayClose would need to append \STREAM and a .m2ts file but I'm not sure which.  Is there a convention for this?

I ripped all my blu-ray's to mkv and my blu-ray drive recently died, so I can't test with blu-ray right now. However I believe blu-ray uses the index.bdmv inside the BDMV folder basically the same way dvd uses the ifo file. So That's what I'm passing to MC and I think MC has no problem handling this. I just had to change to match the path that MyMovies sends. So hopefully it should work now for both.

Let me know if it works.

NickF

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2011, 01:26:25 am »

Excellent work, JSG!!  Both DVD and Blu-Ray .m2ts now work.  Well done.

There does seem to be some variation in the way that MC launches and the window style that the movie is presented in.  I need to look more carefully at this to understand what is going on.  I will let you know what I find.

In the meantime, many thanks.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

NickF

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:23 am »

Hi JSG,

I have had MCPlayClose running very successfully on my Win 7 32 bit HTPC for some time but I have just rebuilt it as a 64 bit machine and now can't get MCPlayClose to run.  My Movies External Player launcher is calling it but I get a Windows "MCPlayClose has stopped working" error message.  

If I run it from Command Line, it opens MC17 then, after a couple of seconds, MC17 closes.

Here is the debug file
Code: [Select]
Arguments:
m:\a bugs life\video_ts

24/01/2012 12:55:57 : Waiting for MC to open
24/01/2012 12:55:57 : MC opened
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Playback - PLAYING
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Turned repeat off
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Waiting for MC server to load
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Connected to MC server
24/01/2012 12:56:00 : Playback - STOPPED
24/01/2012 12:56:00 : MC closed

Any thoughts?

Nick.

gregy1

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2012, 08:49:16 pm »

Quite new to MC17, but have decided I like its performance on DVDs and BluRay better than others I tried.  I still prefer the WM7 and Media Browser 10 foot interface, however, and decided to try out MCPlayClose.  I'm using it on a local host with the MC Server running, and keep getting the Windows MCPlayClose has stopped working error, with the following details:

Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   mcplayclose.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4eead17c
  Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   4e154c6c
  Problem Signature 07:   344b
  Problem Signature 08:   15a
  Problem Signature 09:   System.UnauthorizedAccess
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033

Any ideas?

Thanks
Greg

justsomeguy

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2012, 08:34:58 pm »

Possibly try re-installing .net 2.0

gregy1

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2012, 08:28:53 pm »

Possibly try re-installing .net 2.0

.net 2.0 is a core part of Windows 7 64-bit.  It appears to be possible to repair it but uninstalling it is not recommended.  I'll try to repair the files.  Or did I miss something and the app is not compatible with this version of Windows?

justsomeguy

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2012, 02:48:21 am »

I'm using this on 2 Win7 x64 pc's. I'm not sure why you'd be seeing this.

justsomeguy

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2012, 04:18:57 pm »

gregy1,
are you using Authentication in your Media Network settings in MC? I have found a problem with it not working correctly with Authentication enabled but is fine if left unchecked. I'm looking into what the problem may be but I don't have a lot of time on my hands right now so can't say when I might be able to fix it.

gregy1

« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »

gregy1,
are you using Authentication in your Media Network settings in MC?

Nope, I'm not... Sorry I don't know better where to look to help diagnose this...

j30sailor

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2012, 11:50:40 am »

I've been using this for the past couple of days and it works well with authentication off on a single monitor setup.   I hope you resolve it so that authentication can be on.  I was wondering if you closed media center instead of minimizing it if it would help resolve this problem.  I think it might have some effects on the focus issues and might also help in my multi-monitor setup.

It does not work so well on a multi-monitor setup as MC does not have focus after I start the video and the remote does not work.  Media Center still has the remote even though it is in the backgroundThis is hot a big deal for me because it is my office machine and I'm sitting at the desk and can use the keyboard and mouse to control it.

What I really find helpful is  I'd like to create a switch to media center without the close button.  I want to create a play Music Icon in Mediabrowser and have it switch to MC17 and then I could pick my music from Theatre view.  I believe I'd have to create a file type in Mediabrowser to pass the command and then just have a small or empty file to play.

Any chance you could modify your play close as a separate app to do this.

TIA

Rusty

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2012, 09:28:30 am »

This works for me, but  am noticing a a delay between when jriver stops and when it closes and resets focus back to WMC.

When I play the first file, it returns in 2-3 seconds. When I play a file after that, it takes around 15 seconds to return. Every file viewed after that has the same delay.

Is anyone seeing the same thing?

Any way to change the behavior, ie when the stop button is pressed, do not close jriver, just minimize it and return to WMC? This should help with the delay.

TIA,

AL

battles

« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 07:53:17 pm »

Hi JSG,

I have had MCPlayClose running very successfully on my Win 7 32 bit HTPC for some time but I have just rebuilt it as a 64 bit machine and now can't get MCPlayClose to run.  My Movies External Player launcher is calling it but I get a Windows "MCPlayClose has stopped working" error message.  

If I run it from Command Line, it opens MC17 then, after a couple of seconds, MC17 closes.

Here is the debug file
Arguments:
m:\a bugs life\video_ts

24/01/2012 12:55:57 : Waiting for MC to open
24/01/2012 12:55:57 : MC opened
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Playback - PLAYING
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Turned repeat off
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Waiting for MC server to load
24/01/2012 12:55:59 : Connected to MC server
24/01/2012 12:56:00 : Playback - STOPPED
24/01/2012 12:56:00 : MC closed

Any thoughts?

Nick.

Hi Nick & JustSomeGuy,

I'm having the same problem that Nick is having above.  I'm using Win 7 64 bit and JRiver Media Center 17.  After following the exact directions described above to set up MCPlayClose v.11 to use JRiver as an external viewer for MyMovies 4 (build 3), I receive a "MCPlayClose has stopped working" error message. Nick, did you eventually get it up and running on your 64 bit system? If so what changes did you make?
 I would greatly appreciate any guidance you could offer to help me resolve this problem! 
Many thanks!

jrobson

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2012, 10:39:40 am »

This works for me, but  am noticing a a delay between when jriver stops and when it closes and resets focus back to WMC.

When I play the first file, it returns in 2-3 seconds. When I play a file after that, it takes around 15 seconds to return. Every file viewed after that has the same delay.

Is anyone seeing the same thing?

Any way to change the behavior, ie when the stop button is pressed, do not close jriver, just minimize it and return to WMC? This should help with the delay.

TIA,

AL

Worse, won't close MC at all after playing and stopping movie with the remote, just goes to standard view.
Mine also won't focus properly so remote doesn't work properly all the time, I've played with the MB settings.

jrobson

• Recent member
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:29 am »

Okay after playing around a bit I almost have it working, the first movie will play, stop, return to WMC, however MC is still running, starting the second movie will then not focus the remote.
Is there no way to force MC to close either before launching a new movie or after stopping?

kemist

• Recent member
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

Looks like this file is no longer up. Does anyone have an archive of it?

Just tried it again and it worked  ?   oh well glad i can give it a try now.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2013, 06:24:05 am »

Been using this for some time now in a clients rather odd yet effective setup with great success however after version 18.0.111 it no longer works properly, The video is launched in Display View but immediately jumps back to standard view.

The following options are set:

Jump on play (Video): Display View (even in Playing Now)

Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally externally - Unchecked

I cannot see any other options that would cause this behavior and rolling back to 18.0.111 fixes the issue immediately.
Is there anything obvious that changed after 18.0.111 that would cause this.

EDIT:
I should add that I don't know for sure that .111 is the last version that this worked with, it's just the version that it ran happily with before updating to latest stable yesterday.
Where can I download older versions from so that I may test exactly which version this broke in?

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2013, 08:03:19 am »

Er guys, am I being stupid here. Very keen to give this a try, but where do I download current version from.......

justsomeguy

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2013, 01:28:17 am »

Er guys, am I being stupid here. Very keen to give this a try, but where do I download current version from.......

Sorry, the files were on a site that was hacked and were removed. I re-uploaded them to my skydrive for you.

justsomeguy

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 01:50:13 am »

Been using this for some time now in a clients rather odd yet effective setup with great success however after version 18.0.111 it no longer works properly, The video is launched in Display View but immediately jumps back to standard view.

The following options are set:

Jump on play (Video): Display View (even in Playing Now)

Jump to windowed display mode when playback is started externally externally - Unchecked

I cannot see any other options that would cause this behavior and rolling back to 18.0.111 fixes the issue immediately.
Is there anything obvious that changed after 18.0.111 that would cause this.

EDIT:
I should add that I don't know for sure that .111 is the last version that this worked with, it's just the version that it ran happily with before updating to latest stable yesterday.
Where can I download older versions from so that I may test exactly which version this broke in?

I honestly haven't been using this for a while now as I'm using MC exclusively for all playback. I have very limited time now days for playing around with this stuff and can't promise anything but I'll try to look at it and see what broke.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »

Ok, thanks for reloading the files for me. Some progress, but I seem to be hitting similar problems to others. I hope that this means that this is well trodden ground, and it's just me not reading the signs. Anyhow, background on the test environment. W7 64bit. I already have MC18 running with a library server, but for this exercise I'm using MC17 in pretty much standalone mode, as I would on the HTPCs if I ever get that far.  So it's a local library, unshared, and with no content. (please feel free to tell me if I am being really dense). I'm calling MCPlayClose from My Movies 4.05 and based on various posts in the thread, the entry in the My Movies config looks like this....

<ExternalPlayer Name="MCPlayClose" DisplayName="JRiver Media Center 17">
      <DVDFileStructure>True</DVDFileStructure>
      <BluRayFileStructure>True</BluRayFileStructure>
      <HDDVDFileStructure>True</HDDVDFileStructure>
      <RecordedTV>False</RecordedTV>
      <Files>True</Files>

<ProcessName>Media Center 17.exe</ProcessName>

<Parameters>"[PATH]"</Parameters>

<Location StartupDelay="1">
            <Path>[PROGRAMFILES]\MCPlayClose\MCPlayClose.exe</Path>
      </Location>
</ExternalPlayer>

Now, as I'm using (rightly or wrongly) a local library, I've assumed that I don't need much in the MCPlayCloseConfig.txt file, which still looks like this

mcIP = 127.0.0.1
mcPort = 52199
mcUserName =
mcPassword =
mcLoadDelay = 0
mcVersion = 17

So I've done what looks sensible, and I know have the same error as gregy1 did last year, namely

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   mcplayclose.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4eead17c
  Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:   2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:   5174ddfb
  Problem Signature 07:   3456
  Problem Signature 08:   15a
  Problem Signature 09:   System.UnauthorizedAccess
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   2057

Can't see anything in the MCPlayClose debug file

I would not be in teh least bit offended to be told I had made a stupid basic mistake. Honest. All help gratefully received.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 12:12:14 am »

Ok, so some early morning research suggest that this is a W7 permissions issue. But I've no idea where, or how to fix it. It's a single user machine, so I'm assuming that I have admin permissions... HELP

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2014, 09:19:06 am »

You need to right click on the mcplayclose.exe file and select properties, compatibility tab, then check run as administrator.

I'm trying to get this to run with MC 19, and while it does launch the movie, when I press back or stop it goes to the windowed mode and doesn't come back to WMC/MyMovies.

Is there any chance to get this looked at or is this utility abandoned by the OP?

Thanks!

justsomeguy

Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.12
« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2014, 01:38:16 am »

I just uploaded a new version that fixes MC not closing when playback stops. It's a temporary workaround for now but should work fine.

Edit:
Authentication still isn't working, so disable it in MC, but I know the problem so there may be a fix coming for that.

justsomeguy

Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.13
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2014, 03:22:40 am »

It has been a long time since I did any work on this. No one may still be using it. However I posted a new version just in case.

Ver .13 (9-19-2014)
Permanent fix for MC not closing.
Now works with Authentication in media network
All previous user reported issues should be resolved.

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2014, 11:33:53 am »

Thank you very much for this fix, I had not monitored this thread for a while as I gave up on JRiver partly because of this issue.

I'll give it a try as soon as I can (it might take a couple of weeks) and I'll report back here.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

kiwijunglist

• Recent member
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2015, 07:15:50 pm »

thank you for this. is this till the preferred method for using jriver as an external player?

my specific use scenario is mediaportal to browse movies but playing back movies using the jriver player to use the dsp features.

justsomeguy

Re: Use MC as external player for 3rd party apps - MCPlayClose V0.14
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:56 pm »

This should still work fine. I'm not sure if anyone has used it with mediaportal but it has been used with xbmc, wmc and mymovies. Just need to pass the correct parameters. I'm still using it but not for launching video. I'm using it to launch music playlists from outside MC used as a sort of alarm clock type setup. Just give it a try and read through some of the earlier posts about setting it up with other library managers.

I uploaded a new version that I fixed for myself when i ran into a few issues updating to Win10.

jstruebel

• Recent member
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2016, 09:56:10 pm »

Hi,

Thank you for providing this handy little utility. I've been using it for several months with Kodi no problems. However, I am having some difficulty using it with movies that have a ' in the filename. In digging through the various debug logs, it appears to me that the mcplayclose app is adding extra quotes around the "word" that has the ', but in JRiver it is then escaping those quotes and expecting them to be present in the literal filename. The relevant sections of the logs are below and I can post the full logs if necessary. Can this behavior be changed? It appears that JRiver doesn't need any additional escaping to handle the filename.

I'm running Kodi 15.2 and JRiver 20.0.131

My playercorefactory.xml:
<playercorefactory>
 <players>
   <player name="JRiverMC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
     <filename>C:\MCPlayClose\MCPlayClose.exe</filename>
     <args>"{1}" 1 fullscreen</args>
     <hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
     <hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
     <warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
     <playcountminimumtime>60</playcountminimumtime>
   </player>
 </players>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule filetypes="mkv" player="JRiverMC"/>
 </rules>
</playercorefactory>

The MCPlayCloseDebug.txt log:
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcIP=127.0.0.1
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcPort=52199
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcUserName=
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcPassword=
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcAccessKey=
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcLoadDelay=5000
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM mcVersion=20
Arguments:
\\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A Bug's Life (1998)\A Bug's Life.mkv
fullscreen

7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM : Waiting for MC to open
7/19/2016 7:04:12 PM : MC opened
7/19/2016 7:04:18 PM : /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A Bug's Life (1998)\A Bug's Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
7/19/2016 7:04:18 PM : Playback - PLAYING
7/19/2016 7:04:18 PM : Set zone to: 1
7/19/2016 7:04:18 PM : Turned repeat off
7/19/2016 7:04:19 PM : Waiting for MC server to load
7/19/2016 7:04:20 PM : Waiting for MC server to load
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : Waiting for MC server to load
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : Connected to MC server
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : Token: HPfgN3Zp
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : http://127.0.0.1:52199/MCWS/v1/Playback/Info?Zone=0&ZoneType=Index&Token=HPfgN3Zp
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : <Item Name="ZoneID">10002</Item>
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : <Item Name="ZoneName">Home Theater</Item>
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : <Item Name="State">0</Item>
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : xmlFieldNum: 2
7/19/2016 7:04:21 PM : Now monitoring playback state: Playing
7/19/2016 7:04:22 PM : Playback - STOPPED
7/19/2016 7:04:22 PM : MC closed

Relevant lines from JRiver Log.txt
0005688: 1156: General: RunProgram: Running process...
0005688: 1156: General: RunProgram: Waiting for completion
0000000: 6760: General: Launcher: Command Line: /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: Start
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: Waiting on lock
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: Have lock
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: Posting: /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: IPC Name: Media Center 20 FC_IPC
0000000: 6760: General: CPostString::Post: Start
0000000: 6760: General: CPostString::Post: Sending </PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index>, type 34768 to 204a0
0000000: 6760: General: CPostString::Post: Actual message, type 34768, WParam 680034, LParam dd08, Window 204a0
0000000: 6760: General: CPostString::Post: Finish (0 ms)
0000000: 6760: General: CMCCommandLine::Execute: Finish (0 ms)
0005688: 500: General: CMainFrame::OnFileCommand: Start
0005688: 500: General: CPostString::GetAll: Start
0005688: 500: General: CPostString::GetAll: Found message: type 34768, WParam 680034, LParam dd08, string </PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index>
0005688: 500: General: CPostString::GetAll: Finish (0 ms)
0005688: 500: General: CMainFrame::OnFileCommand: Received command: /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0005688: 500: General: CMainFrame::OnFileCommand: Command: /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0005688: 500: General: CMCPlayerApp::ExecuteCommandLine: Start
0005688: 500: General: CMCPlayerApp::ExecuteCommandLine: Command Line: /PlayReplace \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0005688: 500: General: CMCPlayerApp::Play: Start
0005688: 500: General: CMCPlayerApp::Play: Command line: /Append \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv|Zone=0&ZoneType=Index
0005688: 500: Database: CMediaDatabase::AddFile: JRAnalyzer: 0x5706da8
0005688: 500: Database: CMediaDatabase::AddFile: Calling JRAnalyzer::Open
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::Open: Start
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Start
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Filename: \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Start
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFile: Filename: \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Start
0005688: 500: Import: JRAnalyzer::AddFileJRWorkerExe: Parameters: /AnalyzeJRVid "\\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A \"Bug's\" Life (1998)\A \"Bug's\" Life.mkv" "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Temp\Analyze - 500.xml"
0005688: 500: General: RunProgram: Start
0005688: 500: General: RunProgram: Filename: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 20\JRWorker.exe / Parameters: /AnalyzeJRVid "\\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A \"Bug's\" Life (1998)\A \"Bug's\" Life.mkv" "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 20\Temp\Analyze - 500.xml"
0005688: 500: General: RunProgram: Performing ShellExecute...
0005688: 500: General: RunProgram: Running process...
0005688: 500: General: RunProgram: Waiting for completion
0000000: 5428: General: Launcher: Command Line: /MCC 10011, 0
0005782: 1928: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Start
0005782: 1928: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Action 14 (thread id = 1928)
0005782: 1928: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Handling auto-library backup / auto-import
0005782: 1928: General: CLoaderThread::PerformAction: Waiting... (500 ms)
0000000: 6444: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Start
0000000: 6444: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Processing AnalyzeDevices task...
0000000: 6444: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Calling EnumerateDevices...
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::CAnalyzeDevices: Start
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::CAnalyzeDevices: Finish (0 ms)
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateDevices: Start
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateDevices: Creating WMDM
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CWMDMInterface::CWMDMInterface: Start
0000000: 6444: Handheld: CWMDMInterface::CWMDMInterface: Creating WMDM object
0000000: 10000: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Start
0000000: 10000: General: JRWorker::ProcessCommand: Processing AnalyzeJRVid task...
0000000: 10000: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileJRVideo: Start
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CWMDMInterface::CWMDMInterface: Result (hr): 0x00000000
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CWMDMInterface::CWMDMInterface: WMDM valid: 1
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CWMDMInterface::CWMDMInterface: Finish (16 ms)
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateWMDMDevices: Start
0000016: 6444: Store: CMNMetering::CMNMetering: Start
0000016: 6444: Store: CMNMetering::CMNMetering: Finish (0 ms)
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateWMDMDevices: Reinitializing devices
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateWMDMDevices: Getting enumerator
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateWMDMDevices: Starting enumeration
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateWMDMDevices: Finish (0 ms)
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CAnalyzeDevices::EnumerateUSBDevices: Start
0000000: 10000: Playback: CJRVideoEngine::Open: Start
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetAllRemovableDisks: Start
0000000: 10000: Playback: CJRVideoEngine::Open: Opening file \\192.168.4.143\storage\Videos\Movies\A "Bug's" Life (1998)\A "Bug's" Life.mkv
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetAllRemovableDisks: Removable drives found:
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetAllRemovableDisks: Finish (0 ms)
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetMSCDevices: Start
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetMSCDevices: Enumerating GUID_DEVINTERFACE_VOLUME...
0000000: 10000: Playback: CJRVideoEngine::Open: avformat_open_input failed (-22)
0000016: 6444: Handheld: CMSCDeviceEnumerator::GetMSCDevices: GetDeviceInterfaceDetailData returned 1 for \\?\scsi#cdrom&ven_atapi&prod_ihes108___2#4&1a58a66f&0&030000#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}
0000000: 10000: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileJRVideo: Opening file failed.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mick Mickle

« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2022, 11:29:40 pm »

This should still work fine. I'm not sure if anyone has used it with mediaportal but it has been used with xbmc, wmc and mymovies. Just need to pass the correct parameters. I'm still using it but not for launching video. I'm using it to launch music playlists from outside MC used as a sort of alarm clock type setup. Just give it a try and read through some of the earlier posts about setting it up with other library managers.

I uploaded a new version that I fixed for myself when i ran into a few issues updating to Win10.
@justsomeguy, I saw that you've got V0.15 on your Google Drive since 2020. Any comments on the changes made or recent tips you might have? I haven't revisited this topic in a while, since it previously seemed like going down a rabbit hole trying to use JRiver Media Center as an external player for WMC and getting it to completely close and return to WMC.  I'm still using WMC and MyMovies on Win 10, and I think the JRiver player beats other alternatives except for the JRiver close problem.  (I can't believe there's not an option or switch built into JRiver Media Center to use it as a third party player by now. . . . Or maybe there is?  I'm using MC v24. If an upgrade really takes care of this problem, I'd be glad to do it.)

eve

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2022, 08:26:49 pm »

@justsomeguy, I saw that you've got V0.15 on your Google Drive since 2020. Any comments on the changes made or recent tips you might have? I haven't revisited this topic in a while, since it previously seemed like going down a rabbit hole trying to use JRiver Media Center as an external player for WMC and getting it to completely close and return to WMC.  I'm still using WMC and MyMovies on Win 10, and I think the JRiver player beats other alternatives except for the JRiver close problem.  (I can't believe there's not an option or switch built into JRiver Media Center to use it as a third party player by now. . . . Or maybe there is?  I'm using MC v24. If an upgrade really takes care of this problem, I'd be glad to do it.)

Frankly, when I was attempting to do this with Kodi (I came up with a solution I think is better but it's not really applicable for other people with different setups) I just wrote an autohotkey script that handled closing MC, waiting a sec, then focusing Kodi, mapped it to a button in my control tablet interface that I could hit manually as needed.
The PROBLEM here is that anything 'smart' , that's easy to implement, to detect MC being at the end of (or right towards the end of) it's play queue is stuck polling MCWS for that information. You could conceivably just ask MCWS every like 10 seconds for the current zone's state and as it approaches the end of playback, run a command (say an autohotkey script) to close MC. It's fine and I've done that but it's real inefficient requests wise bugging MC constantly.

afss_br

• Recent member
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2023, 02:36:58 pm »

Hello, I am just getting started, and I could not find where to setup this IP on JRiver MC31 - please, truly appreciate your help pointing it out !

"User configurable variables within mcplaycloseconfig.txt.  Edit with notepad:
mcIP = 127.0.0.1      Set to your MC library server IP address. 127.0.0.1 for most people as this will be run on the local computer"

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2024, 12:06:19 pm »

Hi, please could someone help me with configuring the plugin? I'm using wmc emby mediabrowser but I didn't understand exactly what to configure in the external player settings of ebmy. Thank you
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up