INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October Success Stories  (Read 1704 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Red October Success Stories
« on: August 25, 2011, 02:46:51 pm »

I really think that RO, with its installed-codec independent approach is going to save more and more people from Codec Hell.

Here're the most recent success stories:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1356124

Also, a cousin of mine in the UK was asking about software that would convert m2ts to avi. He'd tried everything to play the files (home video), including VLC. I asked how powerful his PC was and guided him through installing MC16. The m2ts files played flawlessly and he was very impressed. I'll probably be buying him a licence in the next couple of weeks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Red October Success Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:54:48 pm »

Thanks a bunch!  This kind of help you've been providing over there has really made a difference here.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:08:46 pm »

I still think a stand-alone RO player would do wonders for the JRiver name, and would allow you to get some money from some die-hard XBMC and WMC users.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:29:24 am »

Now that's an idea  :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:10:46 pm »

Nice writup from Bob Sorel (AVSForum Mod) on his experience : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20874490#post20874490
JRiver CEO Elect

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 02:36:15 am »

Nice writup from Bob Sorel (AVSForum Mod) on his experience : http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=20874490#post20874490

Thanks for the link, Nathan. I check that thread every few hours. So, typically, a cool post like that shows up while I'm doing a movie night on my basement MC16 HTPC. I hope GreenEyez' guide is a good one. I could do with some help setting up views.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:12:23 am »

Thanks for the link, Nathan. I check that thread every few hours. So, typically, a cool post like that shows up while I'm doing a movie night on my basement MC16 HTPC. I hope GreenEyez' guide is a good one. I could do with some help setting up views.

Glad he's spending more time on it than originally planned. It just seemed too complicated of a topic to do thoroughly as quickly as he hoped. I believe a lot of us will be able to use some parts of the guide.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up