INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonght's treat: Apple Crisp  (Read 1009 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Tonght's treat: Apple Crisp
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:02 pm »

Seems like some nice lighthearted stuff might be in order given the soaking and difficulties the East Coast has endured.

Tonight we made Apple Crisp.  Our Fuji apple tree was happy this year, producing in excess of 400 apples.  Many fell to the ground, and I tossed them into the compost bins by the 5 gallon buckets.  I used to feed them to the local deer.  If you haven't heard the sound of a deer chomping on an apple, its a peculiar surprise.  Deer are not those delicate little Bambi's with their cute little deer lips...  Nope, a deer chomps an apple like a horse, and seems to have powerful jaw muscles.  I certainly wouldn't want to be bitten by one, as unlikely as that might be.

Anyway, back to the Crisp.  It's in the oven now, two batches worth, and if I'm fortunate enough, my wife will let me have some tonight.  Maybe there will be some pictures in the morning.  Coffee and Crisp for breakfast.  Mmmm.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Tonght's treat: Apple Crisp
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:49:04 am »

Delicious!
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Tonight's treat: Apple Crisp
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »

I am not a Desert Kind Of Guy, But I Do Like A Few Things, Like Apples, Peach Cobbler, Anything With A Puff Pastry And A Fruit Like Apple, Blue Berry, Raspberry, Blackberry, strawberry Etc..

I did make Orange Chicken Wings The Other Day Marinated In Fresh Orange Juice, And Zest For Over 24 Hours

Today Rib Eye, mashed potatoes, gravy And cauliflower And broccoli

I am still thinking about making a creme brulee, I never made one, but I need to find my butane\propane torch
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up