INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 crashing between tracks  (Read 1320 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen
MC16 crashing between tracks
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:48:00 am »

Hello.

I'm having an odd issue w/ MC16.

I have MC16 16.0.160 (I'm on the Latest update channel). I've downloaded all updates thus far.

So here's the problem I'm experiencing.

MC16 seems to randomly crash during playback of WMA and FLAC files (it's all I have encoded and on my laptop). This only happens if I'm running through my Creative E-Mu 0204 USB DAC. This is setup for WASAPI - Event Style (doesn't work with just straight WASAPI for some reason; tells me the bit depth is too high at the below settings)

I've configured the DSP to Resample All Sources to 192,000 Hz. Bitdepth is set to Source Bit Depth. Channels are source number of channels.

Volume leveling is enabled and all files on my laptop have been analyzed.

Headphones option is checked in DSP. If I uncheck this I still experience issues.

I've set audio playback from Memory, not from HDD.

I've muted the internal audio card and even go so far as to disable with no luck fixing the crash.

The E-Mu software is set to 192,000 Hz as well.

What I've noticed:

When playing back audio files, between tracks you will here an audible click/pop between tracks.
It ALWAYS crashes when changing tracks (that is, when it crashes it is between tracks, just after the pop not that it ALWAYS crashes between tracks. Sometimes I'll play 4-5 tracks without crashing, then sometimes it is after the first track I'm playing back)

If I set the Bit Depth to 24 bit, there are no problems and no audible pops between tracks and playback can continue indefinitely.

Should I just leave it at 24 bit for the bit depth? Or should I just stop using MC16 to upsample my audio and let the EMU 0204 do it?

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC16 crashing between tracks
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:17:52 am »

WASAPI talks straight to the sound card.
As a consequence all properties of the settings must match the properties of the sound card.

If the EMU is 24 bits, set bit depth to 24.

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: MC16 crashing between tracks
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 10:45:26 am »

I believe the E-Mu upconverts everything into it to 24 bit, so I'll set it to that and let it go.

Thanks for the information!
Pages: [1]   Go Up