INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Items Not Being Added - Why?  (Read 1359 times)

branty1970

• Recent member
New Items Not Being Added - Why?
« on: September 03, 2011, 06:13:18 pm »

Hi,

I'm using MC16 latest build and suddenly new items are not being added to my library when I've copied them into one of the monitored folder. I'm ripping my DVDs and have got to 744 files (1.4TB, 26.3days) of videos and when I copy new files into the monitored folders they don't show up. The last batch of 10 files only 6 showed up and I've tried deleting and re-copying the file, telling MC to check the folders again and dragging the file into MC but to no avail. However, if I drag the file into MC from another location it works!

Why won't MC see the file in the standard location??

Thanks for any suggestions,
Martin.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New Items Not Being Added - Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

You'll have to check two things.

1. Check what kind of file types that is not imported
2. Check the file types that is imported under auto import

The normal import setting usually only includes the most common formats, and you'll have to choose more file types to get it all.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

branty1970

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:51:01 am »

It's not a file type issue as all the files are the same type. It seems to be that I've hit some upper limit for importing files from a single folder because if I put the files I'm trying to import into another folder and include this in the import it works perfectly. However, the number of files in the folder is quite small at 259 (517 files including all the xml files).

Just seems a bit odd that the software is having issues at such a small number. I have far more audio files and photos than this number but they're all organised into folders for the album they belong to and there probably isn't a single folder with more than 259 files in it. Also I have a TV folder into which I put my TV shows and there's over 500 of those so that would blow my 'number of files' hypothesis out of the water!

Another possibility is that the space taken up has reached some limit - the Movies folder contains 1.09TB of files.

Bizare, but I've found a work around for now.

Thanks,
Martin.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 04:35:40 am »

There should not be a limit for number of files or the file size. I've got auto import on a 4 TB folder with much more files than you. I can not think of any other reason than the files being corrupt (check that they play well in MC or other apps) or that certain file types is not chosen to import. The last should not be the issue if you know it's the same type.

What you can try is to drag and drop the files from a folder to MC playing now. You'll get an option to add them to library or play. Try to add them manually this way, and see if that work. If it works, there is something with the files or the import rules. It have to...
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up