INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Ray Rip Not Showing In Client  (Read 1929 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Blue Ray Rip Not Showing In Client
« on: September 03, 2011, 07:25:59 pm »

Just getting started with Blu Rays. 

First the good news: I put a Blu Ray disc (The Kings Speech) in and it played. No messing around with codecs or anything - it just played. And beautifully. With the new graphics card and RO HQ the PQ is outstanding. Thanks again to all who worked on this!

Then I ripped the disc using AnyDVD HD on our client and saved it to our WHS server.

So here are our problems:

1. From the Client (W7) I could not import anything from the Blu Ray folder into the servers library. I could from the server and did.
2. On the server the movie does not show up under 'Movies'. It does show under Video/Files.
3. On the Client it doesn't show anywhere under Video, but it does show under Drives & Devices.

DVDs on the Server are fine from the Client.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rod

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: Blue Ray Rip Not Showing In Client
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:11:14 am »

1) Right, you currently can't import any files via a client.
2) On the server, select the file, and change the "Media Sub Type" in the Tag Window to "Movies".
3) It should show up in under "Videos" on the client.  Check to make sure the "Media Type" for the file is "Video".
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:59:46 pm »

1) Right, you currently can't import any files via a client.
2) On the server, select the file, and change the "Media Sub Type" in the Tag Window to "Movies".
3) It should show up in under "Videos" on the client.  Check to make sure the "Media Type" for the file is "Video".

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the assistance!

1)  Odd, I could have sworn that when I ripped all my DVDs a couple of years ago that I did it from a client. But memory could sure be mistaken. Anyway I do hope this is something that will improve in the future, ie, the limitations on what we can do from a Client.

2)  Media Sub Type was blank. I made it Movies. Media Type was video which I left as is.

3)  It still did not show up on the Client. I then looked on the server at the file name as I hovered on it in MC. It is:  \\mellserver\Videos\Blu Rays\The_Kings_speech\BDMV\index.bluray:1    Wondering if the file extension is the issue? Under Options/File Type I have Blue-Ray (bdmv,mpls) associated.

So I then found the MPLS for the main movie, which is 00034 and imported it on the server. That shows on the client but wont play. When I click Play it says "Opening" for about 15 seconds and then error message "Something went wrong with playback."

I'm curious how others Import their Blu Rays when the whole disc structure is saved to the hard drive. Perhaps I'm not selecting the right thing to import - it just shouldn't be this difficult!

Thanks,
Rod

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:05:45 pm »

Rod,

If you are using Library Server client it doesn't make any sense that the blu-rays are not showing up.  You should get the exact same views with the same list of files as on the server.  Something else is wrong if that's not the case.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 03:47:56 pm »

The only think I can think of for them not showing up is that you may need to close and reopen the Client for the updated library to be loaded from the server.  I have no issues in the following workflow"
- Rip to UNC Server Share (eg \\media\etc etc) using AnyDVD HD "Rip DVD Video to Harddisk"
- Import and update the tags, coverart etc from the PC running the MC Library Server
- Restart MC Client
;D
JRiver CEO Elect

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

cncb & Jmone,

Okay got it okay now. Several things were conspiring to give me difficulties - including my not looking thoroughly enough. I had a different skin on the server & client. And different Views and List Styles. They are now all the same.

The movie was imported as The_Kings_Speech. So instead of it being alphabetical as The King  it was after The War.

At one point I had 2 listings of it on the Client: One for d:shares videos and one for mellserver videos. The former was giving me the playing error, while the latter played okay.

It also looks like I`ll have to check the tags with each import as you do Jmone. At a minimum I need to set SubType to Movie.

Anyway I now have the movie showing under Movies and it plays. And it does play beautifully!!!

Thanks again.

Rod

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »

Ahhh yes,  if you are using UNC, then you have to be careful that when you import it on the Library Server that you use the UNC location NOT the drive mapped location else you will get the playback error from the clients as it (unless you map the path on each PC) can not see "D:\...." on the server.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 04:42:56 pm »

Also post importing, try using the --> Right Click --> Lookup Movie Information function as it will then fillout alot of your fields + add Coverart
JRiver CEO Elect

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 05:42:52 pm »

Also post importing, try using the --> Right Click --> Lookup Movie Information function as it will then fillout alot of your fields + add Coverart

I previously have used MyMovies. It's a bit of a pain to work with. So I tried your approach and it's great doing it within MC. Had 3 different sources to chose from and I used Wikipedia which gave the most information. Seems very thorough.

Thanks a bunch!

Yeah the D:shares and \\Mellserver have long been a bugaboo in MC for me. For a long time I'll just have the \\Mellserver files and all is well. For some reason once again I have them both in Videos and each movie shows twice. Don't know what I do to get it back that way, but it is a nuiscance.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up