INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FILE COPY, CONVERT TO RECYCLE, DATE FILENAMEFRIENDLY  (Read 2283 times)

zendoo

• Recent member
FILE COPY, CONVERT TO RECYCLE, DATE FILENAMEFRIENDLY
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:18:22 pm »

A few ideas:

copy:
Could MediaCenter use the standard windows copy handler (I use teracopy) and thus not stall while
copying large files (now nothing can be done in Mediacenter while it is copying files - if it is a few large movies I can't change whats playing or stop or nothing as long as the copying is going on)

convert:
in earlier versions a conversion that replaces the original file (mp3 256kbps to mp3 128kbps) put the old file to the recylce bin - now that has changed and the old file is gone which lost me some files when the conversion didnt work and for some reason the converted file was just noise... So I think it was quite nice to have the old files just moved to the recycle bin and possibly get them back if something in the conversion goes wrong

retrieve date:
I have my photos named after the date (filenamefriendly) but I cant make it work so the tags gets filled with the filename's date. If I just use [date (filenamefriendly)] in the fill tags from filename dialogue it doesnt work... I've tried some functions and could make part of it work, but never down to the minute and second... would be nice to have that work

THX

keep as cool as y'are

patrick

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: FILE COPY, CONVERT TO RECYCLE, DATE FILENAMEFRIENDLY
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 05:44:57 pm »

retrieve date:
I have my photos named after the date (filenamefriendly) but I cant make it work so the tags gets filled with the filename's date. If I just use [date (filenamefriendly)] in the fill tags from filename dialogue it doesnt work... I've tried some functions and could make part of it work, but never down to the minute and second... would be nice to have that work

Can you show a few such filenames; we might be able to show you an expression to use.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: FILE COPY, CONVERT TO RECYCLE, DATE FILENAMEFRIENDLY
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 11:38:05 am »

I'm cleaning out my inbox and see this never got answered.

While MC provides a means to convert from internal date formats, it does not provide a means to convert back to internal format from specified date components.  And this is non-trivial for a user to perform, due to varying number of days in a month, leap years, and other internal MC-specific implementations.  It can be done approximately, but there will be round-off error with seconds.

For example, setting a date to exactly:

2009/02/26 12am yields a raw date of 39870.0000023148168111.

Using a math formula to convert hours, minutes, and seconds into a floating point time value, and adding your time specification of 19 hours, 0 minutes and 42 seconds, we have:

math([date, 0] +  (19 + (0 / 60) + (42 / 3600 )) / 24 )

and the formatted date then becomes 2009/02/26 7:01pm, which has rounded and truncated your seconds value.

The floating point of the calculated value is:

but we want

for a difference of

0.0008159722201526 (about 70.5 seconds).

What would be required is a function which accepted as arguments standard textual representations of date components and translated those into an internal representation of a date.

Sorry for the delay.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up