INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems sharing library  (Read 1560 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
problems sharing library
« on: November 08, 2011, 03:49:44 pm »

I've not extensively tested this yet, but if I connect to a library Called "Shared17" located at J:\Backups\MC\Libraries\Shared17 from the HTPC, all is well.  If I connect to this same library path, with the same named library on the Desktop, it also connects fine.

However, it no longer warns me that changes won't stick since it's already open.

This seems to have started a few builds ago, but I've spent the last 10 days fighting weird network issues, so I don't pay much attention to this before.

Is there anythign I can test, or information I can provide to help investigate this issue?

I will just create a whole new library on one machine when I get home, in a new folder, then try connecting with the other machine again, and report back if this is repeatable, or just another weird artifact from my troubles.

FYI, at one point it had 2 Windows7 machines read/writing to each other, but located in totally different Windows Workgroups.  I thought this was impossible, but I'm able to do it, somehow  :-\

**I also just noticed that you seem to have the forum set to automatically change the letters jay-are-em-cee to just MC when I preview; also weird.
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: problems sharing library
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:55:02 pm »

MC is MC here.  WMC is WMC.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 04:39:50 pm »

MC is MC here.  WMC is WMC.
Yeah, i figured as much.  I just noticed it because J R MC was the actual path of my example, but it got changed, and made me think I was going crazy for a little bit  :P

no problems, I just mentioned it 'cause it was unexpected and intresting you could do that :)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 01:32:52 am »

I just created a new library, and new folder at the same time, loaded it, then restored a backup.

I went to the HTPC, created a new library, pointed it to this folder, and it opened, no warning.  Both computers have it open, but no warning.

**I just "Reset all confirmation messages..." and now I'm getting the warning again.  Not sure how it got turned off, but that "fixed" it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up