INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't see iPod  (Read 1045 times)

branty1970

• Recent member
Can't see iPod
« on: October 29, 2011, 04:10:30 am »

Hi,

I've recently had to rebuild my Windows 7 PC and am just getting everything back together again. I have a problem that MC16 doesn't seem to like my iPod anymore. It used to work fine before my rebuild. Is there something I should be doing to get MC16 to recognise my iPod (iPod classic 160GB). I haven't installed iTunes - a piece of software I really want to avoid but wondered if this might be the issue? Does iTunes install some driver that MC16 uses?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Martin.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't see iPod
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 03:31:58 am »

Hi,

I've recently had to rebuild my Windows 7 PC and am just getting everything back together again. I have a problem that MC16 doesn't seem to like my iPod anymore. It used to work fine before my rebuild. Is there something I should be doing to get MC16 to recognise my iPod (iPod classic 160GB). I haven't installed iTunes - a piece of software I really want to avoid but wondered if this might be the issue? Does iTunes install some driver that MC16 uses?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Martin.

yes really don't want to put contaminate my new PC with itunes, either. Was using a work around in MediaMonkey which needed only certain apple files, but this is not working anymore either with iOS5 devices. Yours would probably still work using this though its a pain in the butt to have to have another program just for a sync :(

When my iphone ws in iOS4 at least it was seen by JRiver, but never could get it to sync without itunes on the computer even with Win XP?! (I just assumed that itunes was necessary, maybe I was wrong). For now I'm putting just my mp3s on an old computer with itunes which stinks, but I refuse to mix my clean "hifi-flac" pc with itunes .dll's. Wondering if it would be possible for an app to transfer converted mp3s like existing ones can do for images, speadsheets, pdf etc ? I'd pay for that

branty1970

• Recent member
Re: Can't see iPod
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:21:43 am »

Installing iTunes fixes the problem but means I now have iTunes installed. Yuck! Will have to look for another type of MP3 player when this iPod dies - probably not for many years yet though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up