INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various artist albums  (Read 1266 times)

fredster1

• Recent member
Various artist albums
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:07:59 am »

Hi, I am sure I am not alone in having problems within the files for this type of album where you end up with individual tracks in listings rather than a whole album in one place.

Is there a way around this problem so that if I am looking at the list of artists such albums are at the bottom under various rather than scattered all over the place under each individual artist. I have the same issue within the album list too. Why do I have 15 different 'Kerrang' albums ?  I thought I had better ask before playing with my files too much so I don't completely mess up my lists.

Are there settings within the ripping that should set them up better in the first place ?

Thanks

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe

wig

• MC Beta Team
Re: Various artist albums
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:46:58 am »

Hi, I am sure I am not alone in having problems within the files for this type of album where you end up with individual tracks in listings rather than a whole album in one place.

Is there a way around this problem so that if I am looking at the list of artists such albums are at the bottom under various rather than scattered all over the place under each individual artist. I have the same issue within the album list too. Why do I have 15 different 'Kerrang' albums ?  I thought I had better ask before playing with my files too much so I don't completely mess up my lists.

Are there settings within the ripping that should set them up better in the first place ?

Thanks

Here's a link to the Wiki page on the subject.

Album Artist

Vincent Kars

Re: Various artist albums
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01:13 am »

Added an example with some screen shots to my website
http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/Players/MC14/MC14_Compilations.htm

Tried to add a page about this subject to the FAQ page of the Wiki but this is not allowed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up