INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC stream to Squeezebox player interrupted at track change  (Read 3158 times)

ABoelee

MC stream to Squeezebox player interrupted at track change
« on: November 06, 2011, 09:31:03 am »

In MC I have enabled DNLA controller (Tools, Options, etc.). Under 'Playing Now' my Squeezbox player shows up as a device that can be controlled with MC. Playing music from my Library is working (music is streamed to my Squeezebox player and audible). However, from time to time, but not always, when MC goes from one track to another the stream stops and MC shows an information message: 'There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA service.' MC16 and MC17 behave the same.
I have tried to use Whitebear Media Server as a front-end for the SB server. Howecver this gives exactly the same problem.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit operating system. Squeezbox version 7.7.0 which is said to be DNLA compatibel.
Has anybody experienced this problem as well? Does anybody know what the cause of this problem is? Can it be solved? How?

rotho

• Recent member
Re: MC stream to Squeezebox player interrupted at track change
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 03:54:06 am »

I have the same problem  >:(.

I installed JRiver (MC 16) on an Imac with Parallels Desktop / Windows 7 64 bits (previously, I used Windows 7 32 bits on a Bootcamp partition and also with Parallels --> same behaviour).

On the squeezebox server side, I also use v7.7 (LMS). I have not tried Whitebear.

The problem occurs also in the middle of a track. Most of the time, I just have to click OK in the error message, and the music resumes. Sometimes, clicking on OK does not unfreeze the music, and I have to select Play.
Anyway, this problem is quite annoying, especially in Theater View, because I have to exit this view in order to find the error message, and click on OK.

If the problem also occurs with Whitebear, one could think that the problem is rather on the JRiver side (no pun...  ;D) ?

Has anyone from the JRiver team reproduced this problem and is investigating the causes ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 10:22:39 am »

This can happen if you're using wireless to the SB and the the access point/SB frequently need to renegotiate the connection.

Test with wired to see if that helps.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rotho

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 06:33:20 am »

I forgot to mention that I have a wired connection between my Mac and my Netgear router, and between my router and the Squeezebox Touch. I only use a wireless connection for the Squeezebox Controller, but I did not use it for my tests.

So, the problem lies elsewhere (at least for me) ...

The difficulty here is to know on which side (JRiver or Squeezebox) to investigate the problem. Perhaps on both ?

Thanks anyway for your time.

ABoelee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »

I have wired connections as well. So the renegotiation cannot be the problem. It looks as a synchronization problem between Media Center and the squeezebox player.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:24:00 pm »

Another factor to consider.  If your music is on a disk that goes to sleep periodically, and takes a number of seconds to spin-up, MC will timeout, and advance to the next track.

FYI: I use MC to control SB3's and a Touch routinely.

Edit: I'll stream some music today just to test again.  I'm not using 7.7, but rather 7.6.2.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

)p(

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 09:03:14 am »

I normally just use squeezecenter but tried to control my squeezeboxes with the new ios remotes for jriver using jrivers upnp support and ran into the same issue. After a few tracks it will not advance to the next one. The squeezeboxes are all wired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up