INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: So Who Do You Think Is The Best "Rock" Groups In The World?  (Read 5587 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

One Of My Many Choices

Bachman Turner Overdrive

Listening to: 'Let It Ride' from 'The Anthology' by 'Bachman Turner Overdrive' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

RE:So Who Do You Think Is The Best
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 04:03:59 pm »

Basing this on personal preferrences?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 04:09:12 pm »

>> Basing this on personal preferrences?
are there any other?
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tonysnyder

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 04:12:10 pm »

The Rolling Stones...without question.

pssst......stop by my stones site.  The Rolling Stones Review.

http://tony_07.tripod.com

Tony

sekim

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 04:20:41 pm »

Rock is a broad term...

Kiss - This is a dead give away to when i started listening to rock. Had plenty of their albums at one time. Now.... Anyway one of about three or four live albums worth a listen. The first one that is.

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 04:43:01 pm »

THE ROLLING STONES

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 04:55:34 pm »

Aerosmith
Led Zeppelin
Styx
Deep Purple
Black Sabbath

was some of my other picks, and all bring back some memories
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 05:03:19 pm »

The best rock band in the world or  the band given you the best memories?

I have a best of of BTO,and i play often 4 or 5 songs

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2002, 05:23:28 pm »

TonyS

I know a lot of people like you.You still miss a great part of the Stones
Just listen again to Beggar's-Sticky and Exile
Not thinking 'why i do not find this records that great',not trying to understand why they are "5 starts out of 4" albums.Not carring about others-including myself-say about them

Just rip them and play them .Do what you have to do.From time to time you will stop,cause the song is so good.And it is the first time you hear the album as you hear it today.And you will give 5 out of 4 to them
But not if you sit and say"i have to understand,to find why they are master landmark albums

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2002, 05:47:10 pm »

I will now shoot myself in the foot:
I went to see the Stones once. 1968 or so. I had front row center seats. I left in the middle. Have never much cared for the Stones since.
Now Slim Whitman, there's a real rocker. And that dude with the pan flute ... awesome. And we can't forget Roger Whitaker.
Seriously, if I had to pick one album and get rid of everything else, it would be The Allman Brothers at Fillmore East. 1970 - 1971.
Hate me now, then get over it.
Look at this face ...
That's right.
I'm cool.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2002, 05:57:21 pm »

OK, you're all speechless. I understand. It's horrible but you needed to know.
That's right.
I'm cool.

RemyJ

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2002, 06:05:54 pm »

Come on...  The Who
Not the same without Keith Moon, though.

Other picks...

Led Zeppelin
The Doors
Aerosmith
Allman Brothers
Bruce Springsteen
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Jazzwolf

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2002, 06:28:53 pm »

1. The Who
2. The Rolling Stones
3. Jethro Tull
4. The Ramones
5. The Clash
6. The Beatles
7. Yes
8. Creedence Clearwater Revival
9. Santana
10. Jimi Hendrix Experience

Not necessarily in that order, Just my personal favorites

tonysnyder

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2002, 06:31:15 pm »

zevele10,

I suppose your comment was addressed to me.  I am over 40.  I grew up with the Stones.  Your comments are somewhat odd, as I have never met you in my life or even in "Cyber Space".  I don't think you "know" me at all.

Rock as stated before is a general term.  The Rolling Stones are the greatst Rock and Roll band ever.  It is pointless to prove we are a "real" fan by likeing the right albums.  That would lump us in the Metalica crowd.

Like myself the Stones have grown I still like 'em.  (Except for Steel Wheels)  Music can hit people at times in a certain way.  Like that Clash song, hitsville you just never know.

In closing plese don't lecture me on the Stones.

Thank You

Holden

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2002, 07:13:21 pm »

I have a 48 year old son who thinks The Stones are the best and a 55 year old son who kids him about them being so old. The 55 year old is a Beetle fan. I grew up long before there was any such thing as rock, but enjoy some of its milder forms. But I guess, naturally, because of my age, other music styles move me much more. Like jazz, Broadway, classical, and even some traditional country.

But I think it's great that we can all find just what we want and MJ will play it.

Listening to: 'Come Blow Your Horn' from 'Sinatra Sings the Songs of Van Heusen and Cahn' by 'Frank Sinatra' on Media Jukebox

Cheers,

Holden

Trelane

• World Citizen
  • Destroy him, my robots.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2002, 07:16:26 pm »

Easy... Primus. I'm not joking either.

Jazzwolf

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2002, 07:45:35 pm »

>>Next Pagessst......stop by my stones site. The Rolling Stones Review.<<

Hi Tony,

First let me say that I enjoyed your site... BUT...2 1/2 stars for Exile on Main street?!!! One of the greatest Rock and Roll albums of all time?!!!

I also disagreed with your review of Steel Wheels, actually I am a VERY big Stones fan and I love that album. I played it to death when it first came out.

Gotta agree with the Black and Blue review, that was a throwaway album, if memory serves me correct it was really an incomplete album, Woody only played on a couple of songs.

Now how about reviewing some REALLY classic stuff like : Their Satanic Majesties Request; Get Yer Ya Ya's Out (one of the greatest live albums of all time); Aftermath, and Flowers?
Nice site, great job on the graphics

nyc-ink

• World Citizen
  • network admincomputers, dogs, tattoos
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2002, 07:48:01 pm »

Beatles, end of discussion, close this thread!
Brian

tonysnyder

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2002, 07:59:12 pm »

I'm not sure the Beatles would be rock unless you mean the early years.  While the Beatle could be the greatest BAND of all time, it would be difficult to squeeze them into one category.

Truely they were the best pop act of all time but, rock?  I don't know.  Oh yeah, thanks jazzwolf.

Anyway, it's good the discusion has stayed civil.

l8r

zevele1

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2002, 11:43:34 pm »

until now.......

TonySnyder

Thank you to teach me a rule i did not know about forums
You have to know the person to answer..........
You post,you gives a link and only people who know you can say they desagree with you
Why did you post and gave a link if you do not know me?
Anyway your opinion on Stones and forum are very interresting if not wise

JazzWolf
Good to see we are 2 to like Satanic Majesties
This album was killed down by critics at the time.Well sure there is few songs,you may not rip .But this album is really good

To have Mick Taylor was a mistake for both sides
First for Mick Taylor who never recovered .Dispite to be a gorgious guitarist and have some superd albums
And the Stones do not need to have a good guitarist.Cause we speak about rock&roll,we can say that Keith is one of the best in this field.They need a very average second guitarist able to keep the beat,Ron Wood is just that they need
If a very very average guitarist ,Ron Wood was an outstanding bassist on the two Jeff Beck albums Truth and Beck-ola.
This 2 lps ones of the few old stuff i still play quite often

IT'S ONLY ROCK AND ROLL,BUT I LIKE IT,I LIKE IT

Scronch

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2002, 12:22:22 am »

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd.

The Stones are the greatest band ever for putting out one good song for every two or three albums.

Scronch

zevele1

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2002, 12:39:18 am »

Scronch

Right for many of they albums.But not the first ones.
Led Zep have -unlike Stones- few albums with not even a good song on it
Pink Floyd,well past they 2 first albums ,i will not put they  space-stereo demonstration-middle of the road music in the rock category
Not even in the music for airport one.Afraid that pilots will fell asleep when they take of

The two Genesis i got after your post to me ,are much much better,chanllenging that all the Pink Floyd albums

mousebat

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2002, 01:42:58 am »

Queen

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2002, 02:29:38 am »

Hmmmm. Best rock groups in the world? Some latitude over 'are' the best and 'was' the best, I think. The Beetles and Stones produced a lot of hits that still rattle around our collective heads, so they may be a given. Pink Floyd defined a genre which survives quite happily today. I still listen to Dark Side of the Moon, and still rate "Echos" from Meddle as one of the best mellow tracks ever (a new thread there, perhaps). What about Black Sabbath  - their first album, unimaginitively titled Black Sabbath had it all - or Deep Purple. And for sheer output and daring to drop a little free jazz into the mix, Frank Zappa (and band)  - "Hot Rats" still causes some major damage to my speakers from time to time...

Just because they came later other groups shouldn't be overlooked. Big Country for example, or the Police or U2. Love 'em or hate 'em they made some cracking tracks which are still eminently listenable today.

Roger the Shrubber

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2002, 04:03:39 am »

Good question and some very good opinions/answers.

For what it's worth, and in no particular order, my top ten would be:

1.  Alice (Cooper)
2.  Yes
3.  Zappa
4.  Beatles
5.  Purple
6.  Zeppelin
7.  Tull
8.  Santana
9.  Jimi Hendrix Experience
10. Floyd

I agree re later bands...I particularly enjoy Big Country, Spin Doctors and Tubes

What I listen to most out of modern music is this kick-a** euro electronic stuff. Some absolutely amazing samples (especially the bass samples and sequences)and productions....reminds me of pumped up metal riffs. Can you tell that I've got a 16 year old daughter?

tonysnyder

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2002, 04:42:53 am »

zevele10,

Sorry, no hard feelings.  I think you could have left your comments about my choice at my site.  Anyway.....a subject like this was bound to ruffle some feathers.  Many have opined that rock is dead.  Perhaps this is why the older bands have appeared over and over here.

As to Ron Wood, he just has something.  Look at Rod Stewart, post Woody.  As for this forum, maybe It would be interesting to see what the best rock song of all time is.

Finally, people my age have many good memories of "Dark Side of the Moon" I suppose it's easy to dismiss Pink Floyd, because in my group of friends, I couldn't get away from them.  The Stones could get "serious" and still be fun.  Don't get me started on "Stairway to Heaven".

l8r

Jazzwolf

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2002, 05:11:58 am »

>>Good to see we are 2 to like Satanic Majesties
This album was killed down by critics at the time.Well sure there is few songs,you may not rip .But this album is really good<<

Hi Zevele,

That's because the critics in their infinite wisdom (VERY SARCASTIC!)compared that album with Sgt Pepper's. It was an unfair comparison, as they are 2 different animals.
Satanic Majesties Request was an excellent album, the songs were stunning and different and that incredible 3D cover was unreal. I remember just constantly staring into that coveras nothing had ever come out like that before.

As for Mick Taylor: Yes, he never recovered. He was too young to be involved with Mick and Keith at that time as they were into heroin and they dragged him down with them. I look at Taylor's years with them as the Golden Age of The Stones. That's when they REALLY became the greatest Rock and Roll band in the world. I like Woody's playing but there is no comparison. Taylor was a GREAT guitarist and he could have really become a legend if he just didn't get involved using heroin. During the time that Taylor was with them they never recorded a bad album: Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, Goat's Head Soup (stupidest album cover I've ever seen), Exile On Main Street, Sticky Fingers, It's Only Rock and Roll and a few classic singles that were never on official albums "Honky Tonk Woman" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" come to mind.
Just my 2 cents

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2002, 05:20:49 am »

Roger t-S,

I'm a fan of the electro/rock/jazz mashing idea too. They don't come much harder than The Prodigy. Interestingly, I heard a good re-mixing of Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall' by an Italian (DJ, Band?) called Pink Coffee. Heard it on the radio once but never been able to get hold of it. For very hard-edged bass/drums electro/funk/jazz/rock try Red Snapper.

To get back to the original subject (sort of) best (Rock?) albums ever???. I ask because while many bands would never make my 'top' list they shined bright but briefly perhaps making only one spectacular album - the Stone Rose's first for instance.

My list (no paricular order)
Hot Rats - Frank Zappa
Pink Floyd  - Meddle/Dark Side of the Moon
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
Santana - Abraxus
Big Country - The Crossing
ZZ Top - Eliminator (I know, I know - simple but effective).
U2 - War
David Bowie - Can't decide between Aladdin Sane or Ziggy Stardust

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2002, 06:48:21 am »

In no particular order:

Twisted Sister
Ratt
Poison
Winger
Firehouse

Alonso N

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2002, 07:01:09 am »

Funny thing about Rock, is that it covers so much teritory.  You can climb the tree so many ways.

My desert island disks (rock only)

Buddy Holly
Elvis Presley
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Derek & the Dominos
David Bowie
Lou Reed
Funkadelic
U2
Grateful Dead
Talking Heads
X

For best ever rock album, it can't decide.  It's Elvis Presley - Elvis Presley or Funkadelic - Maggot Brain.

But that's just me.

zevele1

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2002, 07:48:27 am »

young Tonysnyder.Take the young as a joke ,write it cause soon 52 on my side

OK,i was just surprise,and to tell you the true did not think a second to post on your site when i saw it,just to come back on this forum
Anyway,let's rock
Concerning Pink Floyd,i do not say it is bad.It is music ,but it is not rock music.They know they trade and how fill the space with 3 notes and 10 flash lights during one hour
I saw them in London few years ago.Was when they put out a double live with a blinking light .I had a very nice evening.But if i go to circus i do not pretend to go to theater
I even have a soft spot for bands doing this kind of music-from time to time-
Bands like Dharma Project,Dyonisos on mp3.com
I do not know which song the best song ever.But i can tell you the song i hate the most,all kind of music included:Money
U2 was a good band,since long they are a very pathetic one.They first 2 lps are great.The rhythms in October are amazing.But with War,they want to break out in the US,and it is just boum-boum-boum.From there.....ok J.Tree.Bono is the best example of a brick layer thinking he is  the messiah...

This is the big problem with rock,most of the bands are just plain stupid idiots,whith a small dry bean for brains
Do not see anything to say against the 2 first Police albums,they are very good.The problem his that they did more than 2 albums

Stone Roses.....With such a sleeve this record can only be good.I had hard time with this band.
One listening "they are great",another listening"it is just s...t".I saw them live ,and this was the greatest ruin i saw in my life.And i been thousands times to concerts
But i have ALL they 7",12",cd single.Mind you i even have they last record.....but if you like them ,you need Garage Flowers.A vey good compilation

Concerning Mick Taylor,you are right Jazzwolf.I saw few years ago what he was seeling his Stones gold records to have some money.They also put the great Graham Parson on heroine,with the result we know

to Carolus 8
DID THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU MUST PLUG YOUR ADSL MODEN only TO YOUR COMPUTER ?

Mes best albums-no number 1,2,3
Velvet Underground  white light\white heat
Byrds  fith dimension
Miles Davies   Pangrea live
Can   monster movie
Big brother   cheap trills
Airplane   after bathing at baxter's
13th Elevator the spychedelic sound of
Stones beggars banquets
Jimi Hendrix Experience  live Monterey
Husker Due zen arcade
Love forever change
NUGGETS A CLASSIC COLLECTION FROM THE PSYCHEDELIC SIXTIES

But bands i like the most
Feelies--Galaxy 500-Television-MC5-Stooges-New York Dolls-Uncle Tupelo-Son Volt-Quicksilver
GRATEFUL DEAD- Clash-PATY SMITH-ELVIS COSTELLO-Joy Division-Flaming Groovies-PRETTY THINGS
SONIC YOUTH and more

My Guiness book
Saw 11 times Clash in concert and 32 time Elvis Costello
According to my grandmother ,played 66 times in a row CCRider by the Animals

Listening on repeat to Catherine Deneuve Paris

Gatobrit

• Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2002, 08:19:42 am »

Pink Floyd. Next subject.
Namaste,
John

zevele1

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2002, 08:22:59 am »

To all the Pink Floyd heads

You need this record
King Black Acid &The Womb Star Orchestra  album Sunlit-more than one hour non stop of music

Even clean, a fantastic trip.Not clean on headphones,..no word......

The music? Kind of Pink Floyd the day they will stop to play ABBA songs

Ton-Up

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2002, 08:53:19 am »

For me it has to be Canada's finest, RUSH.

lee269

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2002, 09:36:57 am »

Oh dear. I hate these 'top 5 greatest bands in the world ever' lists (have you ever read/seen 'High Fidelity'?). So why am I strangely attracted to reading and replying?

So - been getting into Rush again recently, good to see them get a mention only 30ish posts in. Also in no particular order:

Husker Du - a knack for producing loud music with feeling
Velvet Underground - from lullabies to feedback
Rolling Stones - Im not getting into this argument
Dinosaur Jr - J Mascis is what you might call an axe god
Led Zep - definitive 'classic rock'
Smashing Pumpkins - is this 'rock' music? I always fall foul of definitions, but when I saw them my ears were ringing for days.

lee269

zevele1

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2002, 09:59:35 am »

Dynosaur jr-hehe
Do you want a glass of Sonic South?

lee269

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2002, 10:30:45 am »

Zevele

Oooh - you reminded me. How could I miss out Sonic Youth? But Im sure they are 'art-rock' or somesuch meaningless genre...

Either way it sounds good to me. Enjoying this thread.

lee269

Tuber

• Recent member
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2002, 11:14:25 am »

For sheer melodic enjoyment, I'll take

Yo La Tengo.

IRONPANTS

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2002, 11:21:52 am »

Radiohead

zevele1

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2002, 11:24:52 am »

art rock or rock art or ock rack,the only thing i can say is that without Evol-Sister-Daydream Nation,MTV2 will be on air only few hours a day.....Million bands are Sonic Youth inspired
I still have to know Washing Machine after hundred listening,there is so much in this record

This is a band i love.They are big here.Saw them many times live.But you get the feeling there is to much things at the same.I will say it is to rich,much more than you can understand,fell.The concert is finish and you do not realise it.Hard to explain
The first time i saw Fugazzi was a little bit like it.ALL the people still during the show
Like to be trap in a geant wave.You think about it for many many days

To say i been to thousand concerts is true.The most impressive one  is the first time i saw Fugazzy

lee269

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2002, 12:53:48 pm »

Z10

Never heard of Fugazzi. Ill look into it.

Well I hang my head in shame, because I havent made anywhere near 1000. And also I have not heard the SY experience live. But I can echo your feelings about Washing Machine. The last song on this album is the sort that my wife tells me to turn off for fear of disturbing the neighbours, but there is something hypnotic about noise that seems to go on forever - you get sucked into it. Difficult to explain, but I had a similar experience the first time I heard Philip Glass - so repetitive, but eventually the repetition gives the music a life of its own.

And to continue the topic, I still think Daydream Nation is their masterpiece...

lee269

zevele1

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2002, 01:35:13 pm »

Fugazy are harcore clean edge.For a start 13 songs and repeater will ofer you the best of them
Daydream nation is part of the records i have on lp vinyl and cd
Philips Glass........Einstein on the beach is a record i play many times a year.I mean the full 4 lps.I have to start to rip lps,cause i would like to listen to it without a break,not even moving ,just start to travel....

Give a try to Royal Lux and,first of all,Galaxie 500,seing your list,i think you would like this 2 bands

About concerts,do not forget i am allmost 52 and started at around 15-16 years old.
It is also a mater of different things.Spolied kid with big pocket money,festivals[isle of Wight,Amsterdam,Glastonbury,some in France as well]And after a while you get more and more invitations,to the point that most of the time you do not pay

Here we do not have foreing bands coming since 2 years.Even phone calls from Clinton to Red Hot Chilly Peppers did not change the fact that they canceled they show in Tel-Aviv last summer
But we have very good punk-hardcore-metal bands,so i am going to concert 2 or 3 times a week
And,trust me, it is more fun than all "the big names"

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2002, 05:13:25 pm »

"Do you want a glass of Sonic South?"
Sonic South? Sounds interesting. Kind of like Hayseed Dixie? They play AC/DC songs as bluegrass. They are branching out though. I heard one this morning that was "Feel Like Making Love", still bluegrass.

The reason that Satanic Majesty was compared to Seargent Pepper was the cover. They didn't listen to it. I have that album with 3-D cover and all. Hardly ever been played. Cool jacket though.

Listening to: 'Fragile (Entire Album)' by 'Yes' on Media Jukebox
That's right.
I'm cool.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2002, 05:17:34 pm »

I can't believe nobody yelled at me for putting Ratt on my list.

It was a total joke.

Must be I'm losing my touch. Next Page

In all seriousness, I'd have to say

Rush
Metallica
Megadeth
Aerosmith
Britney Speares
The Spice Girls

sekim

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2002, 05:29:39 pm »

Doof,

I know why the last two would rock anyones world. Next Page

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2002, 12:02:28 am »

My 2 eurocents,

The Rolling Stones come first in my favorite rock groups

also The Doors, Led Zepellin, The Who, David Bowie, Beatles, The Allman Brothers,
CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Steve Miller, Bob Seger, Deep Purple,
Yes, Pink Floyd, Genesis, Gentle Giant for the     progressive scene,
Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, plus many many more,

and finaly what about Springsteen's E Street Band ?

All folks in my favourite Rock playlists !
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

DocLotus

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2002, 03:29:08 am »

Rock can be very good... at times (Elvis, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Pat Metheny, Simon and Garfunkel, Enigma, etc).

Have you noticed that the really good rock songs end up becoming classics & sometimes done in classical style by classical orchestras (most noticeably The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Elvis, & some others).  These are the groups & songs that will be around for years to come (a real classic).  

Before Rock, (late 1950’s) there was Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, & other “crooners”. The amazing thing is that much of their music is still around in one form or another. Most of it was of the Pop variety & much has also been done by classical orchestras.  Now that is a lasting classic.

Classic quality pop is still here, Linda Edder is a great example.  When she sings a song it can make chills runs down your back.  Now that is classic!

Although Rock can be very good (at times) it has also produced some of the worst music ever heard, right up there with Rap & other junk. Many rock songs are so bad you can not tell what they are saying (maybe because they are so doped up?).  Most rock songs are totally forgettable.

Also many rock groups are pretty bad musicians covered up by smoke, laser lights, & high volume.  Sometimes the so-called music is so load that you can not hear the singer(s). A really good song does not have to be load to be heard.  High decibels do not relate to high quality.

I find a good mix of music to be the best (for me) such as Smooth Rock, cool Jazz, Classical, New Age & a slight mix of good Pop.

Small minds seem to be stuck on only one type of music.  Broaden your horizons by listening to a broad selection of music!

zevele1

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2002, 03:51:31 am »

not sure there is small minds as you say

It is only that the title is "the best ROCK bands".So people are posting about the rock bands they like
No jazz,country,classic,new age

Beside this i do not see the fact to be a small mind stuck to only one type of anything as negative.
As far as you are happy with it and let others to be stuck to what they want

Uri|PLS|Ts.

Ehem..
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2002, 04:28:00 am »

In this order! (more or less):

1.Pink Floyd.
2.Jethro Tull.
3.Bert Jansch.
4.Nick Drake.
5.Deep Purpel.
6.Tim Hardin.
7.John Renbourn.
8.ELP.
9.King Crimson.
10.Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.
11.The Beatles.
12.Pixies.
13.R.E.M.
14.Niel Young.
15.Cat Stevens.
16.Dire Straits.
17.The Police.

Next Page

PeterS

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2002, 06:04:14 am »

Just got back from a week out of the office--had to reply to this post. I have to give my considered vote for the best rock band ever to The Replacements (from right here in Minneapolis no less!).  All those Mats fans out there say "Aye!".

Listening to: 'Bang a Gong' from 'Electric Warrior' by 'T-Rex' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up