INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for improvement  (Read 1373 times)

jsayers

Suggestions for improvement
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »

I just discovered Media Jukebox, and think that I have finally found my ideal media player.  It's taken years!  But there are a couple features missing that would seal the deal. I'm not sure who this should go to (either the official developers, or those who contribute to third-party add-ons) but I figured I'd post this here anyway...

1- There is a great feature for customizing the toolbar, but the ability to add custom views is lacking.  I usually toggle back and forth between the Artists view and Now Playing, rarely going to anything else.  The artists view is how I find select nearly everything I play.  I can set a Now Playing shortcut for the toolbar, but can't set any of my custom navigation views (as far as I can tell). I'd love to be able to put a shortcut for the Artists view that I have configured so that I can select it with one click (rather than clicking on the "Audio" tab, then on the Artists tab).
2 - When searching for new album art from file, the program should default to the folder that contains the audio files, rather than the Media Jukebox folder (which doesn't contain any of my media)
3 - In most media players, the album art represents the album... For instance if you double click on the cover art it will play the album, and if you right click on the album art, it will bring up a context menu that pertains to the album.  For some reason Media Jukebox doesn't do this, and rather just selects the adjacent single track. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Suggestions for improvement
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:25 pm »

1- There is a great feature for customizing the toolbar, but the ability to add custom views is lacking.  I usually toggle back and forth between the Artists view and Now Playing, rarely going to anything else.  The artists view is how I find select nearly everything I play.  I can set a Now Playing shortcut for the toolbar, but can't set any of my custom navigation views (as far as I can tell). I'd love to be able to put a shortcut for the Artists view that I have configured so that I can select it with one click (rather than clicking on the "Audio" tab, then on the Artists tab).

You can use tabs for this by opening additional tabs.  Set one to Playing Now, the other to be a view that you want to retain.  Set your Startup Options for Startup Interface > Location to Last Location to retain this view upon restart.

3 - In most media players, the album art represents the album... For instance if you double click on the cover art it will play the album, and if you right click on the album art, it will bring up a context menu that pertains to the album.  For some reason Media Jukebox doesn't do this, and rather just selects the adjacent single track. 

Try using Thumbnail views, where a Play link will appear, and other links such as File may appear.

MC is typically file-oriented, but there are plenty of places where you can operate on a collection of things, such as an album.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up