INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 8.0.276 Beta Available...  (Read 6823 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 8.0.276 Beta Available...
« on: May 20, 2002, 02:22:00 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.276 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8Upgrade.exe

WARNING: This is beta software, do not download and install it if you are not sure of your abilities to deal with bugs.

If you have never installed version 8.0, please install the full package first -- available on the downloads page.
http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/download.html

Please back up your library and your license.

History:

1. Fixed: After burning a CD, list control items showed garbage (or crashed) until a refresh was done.
2. Fixed: GetVersion automation interface did not work correctly.
3. Fixed: "Load folder structure" in CD burner was adding to currently queued files, now it replaces them.
4. Fixed: "Dont show this message" check box would not stay checked.
5. Fixed: MJ would not handle unnamed CDs correctly.
6. Fixed: Dropping files on MJ from Explorer wouldn't bring MJ to the top.
7. Fixed: Eject CD option in ripper wouldn't eject multiple CD's being ripped.
8. Fixed: Number plays search was broken. (numberplays=)
9. Fixed: Year smartlist wizard didn't add "=" before numbers, so 0 returned 2000, 2001, etc.
10. Fixed: Secure ripping log wasn't being displayed if user hit the Cancel button.
11. Fixed: Property list wasn't using skin / system colors.
12. Fixed: Property list would not paint item backgrounds -- "hidden" dialogs could show through.
13. Changed: DSP Studio remembers last selection between sessions.
14. Changed: Image visualization component no longer makes black areas transparent.
15. Changed: Image visualization component drawing optimized.
16. Fixed: Media Jukebox would crash when accessing the help menu.
17. Changed: Always On Top is now disabled by default in Download Manager.
18. Fixed: Media Jukebox would not let Windows close.
19. Fixed: TV Control: Keep Aspect Ratio option was not implemented.
20. Changed: TV Control: Re-implemented Crop Edges option, using a different and better method for WDM drivers.
21. Fixed: MP3 files could "squeak" while seeking.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Cotton-Eyed Loo

RE:Media Jukebox 8.0.276 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 03:19:31 pm »

Something weird in resizing columns. Maybe I'm not used to the control-types but...

I just installed 8.0 on a machine that I think has never seen any MJ. Ran it, stopped it. Installed the upgrade. And went about tweaking my settings. I connected to the remote server (the machine at home, I'm at work Next Page

Set "autosize columns"
play around in mediaview
clear "autosize columns"

What's wrong?
Some columns are easy to resize (grab the right side divider and slide it)
Other columns resist me.
Right now I can drag year left and cover genre, but I can't drag genre left and shrink album.

I haven't quite figured out the behavior here, but if you play with it it should reproduce. I can restart and get the same behavior.

What am I doing that might be special:
1) there is no local media in the collection
2) I am using a remote server
3) I'm tunneling through an SSH port forwarder. This seems very unlikely to be related, but then it's software running on software tunneling through software. I am certain I should not be certain
4) There has never been MJ in use on this machine until I ran 8.0 for 3 seconds and installed 8.0.276.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 03:20:45 pm »

Status bar shouldn't be skinned when skins are disabled. I'm sure in w2k/9x it looks ok but in xp it doesn't. Skinned mode it would be alright.

I see you guys went with Button Text over 3D Object Highlight for unskinned properties. It's better, I can almost make it out. I would prefer Window Text over Window though for the unskinned mode.

I also noticed some Music01 (M01) icons in the toolbar.

Other than that, I think it's good to go for final.

Cotton-Eyed|PLS|Loo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 03:21:36 pm »

Matt Said>> 9. Fixed: Year smartlist wizard didn't add "=" before numbers, so 0 returned 2000, 2001, etc.

Confirmed.

shelly

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2002, 03:41:01 pm »

1. Not listed in fixes but is working now:
Error msg "unable to load twain driver" when attempting scan from within MJ.

2. Not listed in fixes and still isn't working:
Option and CD Copy window moving behind MJ Window after file location changed and 'ok' button is clicked.
This certainly isn't major, just an annoyance, as it appears that both windows have closed and the tendency is to click on the cd copy command again.

3. Not listed in fixes and wonder if it will ever be fixed:
Gridline distortion produced when scrolling with mouse wheel or clicking in scrollbar.  Dragging the scrollbar does not produce graphic distortion.  This makes gridlines unusable with or without skins.

Listening to: 'Fragile' from 'The Very Best Of Sting and the Police' by 'Sting' on Media Jukebox

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2002, 03:42:12 pm »

Cotton .. Lou

> This seems very unlikely to be related, but then it's software running on software tunneling through software. I am certain I should not be certain.

You must be a software guy.  You are also not a beginner.  The best title I ever saw on a software book was "Nailing Jelly to a Tree".  You think you're right.  You're sure you're right.  But nature proves you wrong.

Dragyn,
I think you should write software.  It's just a hunch.  I think you have the right instincts, plus I'm sure you have the brains to do it.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Marra

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2002, 03:45:03 pm »

This version doesn't allow slide show to run.
Runtime Error.
Abnormal prog termination. Instruction at "oxo3e6009c" referenced memory at "oxo3e6009c. Memory could not be read.

Media Jukebox  8.0.276

CPU: AMD Athlon 1399 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 143 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

JimH

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2002, 03:46:55 pm »

Shelly,
> 1. Not listed in fixes but is working now:
Error msg "unable to load twain driver" when attempting scan from within MJ.

Elvis was here today.

Listening to: '02 - Body & Soul' from 'Monk's Dream' by 'Thelonious Monk' on Media Jukebox
Jim Hillegass

shelly

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2002, 03:57:46 pm »

Jim & King,

Cleo predicted Elvis would be here someday.

Listening to: 'Jazz Samba' from 'The Complete Bill Evans on Verve (Disc 10)' by 'Bill Evans' on Media Jukebox

Cotton-Eyed Loo

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2002, 04:04:36 pm »

Crashed MJ

Reproduce:
1 Launch MJ [continuous play is on when I load, that's where I leave it]
2 Close "autosearch" [I have an empty local library]
3 Choose "connect to last media server" [downloads ~410KB package]
4 Choose Media Library View
5 Sort by Size [get smallest on top]
6 Right click "Play" file
7 go to playing now view [note that file is being buffered, my uplink speed is ~108kbps whereas the data file is 450KB]
8 left click the title
9 left click on media library view [doesn't change the current view]
10 right click on title
11 crash [call this: MJ Crash 1]

I did it again to make sure I could reproduce it and it did [this time I allowed Watson to finish dumping].
I tried to do it again so I could catalog the exact sequence of steps rather than record them from memory and can no longer reproduce it I have the user dmp and drwatson log if you like.

Note that while I was hunting around for the user.dmp, MJ crashed again. So I started it up again and went through the outlined steps again and it didn't crash immediately. I through in a few left clicks and right clicks [on the title in "now playing"] in a row and it crashed within seconds [call this MJ Crash 2]. I have the user.dmp and dr watson if you like. I'm gonna see if I can keep doing this. I'll also create some local content and see if I can reproduce in local mode. More in a bit...

I can now reproduce using 1-7 plus right click click, left click click a few times - wait a few seconds. crash [MJ Crash 3].

Further info on Crash 3. It doesn't seem to matter what [remote] file I use, queing up a few double left and double right clicks does it. [MJ 4 - no user.dmp this time, yes drwatson log].

I let MJ find what it can on my C drive - it found 2 - the beck song that came with WiMP and some random sound file. I can't crash it locally using these two files - no matter how spastically I click. I connected to the remote server and can crash it again. [local DB existence doesn't help] [MJ Crash 5 - again log file only]

The user dmps are about 65MB total. Let me know if you want them...

l8s

BTW Just to be clear about this - I love this proggy. I use it almost exclusively to listen to my music collection. I've tried many but this is by far the best one out.

JimH

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2002, 04:04:56 pm »

Shelly,
Are you related to Harry the Hipster?

I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something like: [question was what's your goal in life, I think]

"To come back as Bill Evans, but without the habit."

Erie,

Jim

Jim
Jim Hillegass

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2002, 04:25:08 pm »

MJ crashes and shuts down when saving genre in file properties.

WINXP Home
p4 1.7
768 SDRAM
Creative Soundblaster Audigy MP3|PLS|

need more?, just ask
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JimH

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2002, 05:06:45 pm »

Jared,
Did you install a full version first?  At least once?  Not with each update.

In MJ, do Help/Copy System Info and then paste it here.
Jim Hillegass

shelly

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2002, 05:12:22 pm »

Jim,

I try not to discuss the crazy side of the family. Actually, that quote does sound vaguely familiar.

Listening to: 'With A Song In My Heart' from 'The Complete Bill Evans on Verve (Disc 01)' by 'Bill Evans' on Media Jukebox

Shelly

dragyn

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2002, 05:35:51 pm »

Jim,

I used to write all kinds of stuff for mIRC years ago. I know it's nothing compared to what you guys do but I made some really cool stuff back then.

I really didn't know how to get started, so I didn't go any farther than that. :/

Skip to the next reply if you don't want to be bored out of your mind!

One more thing I noticed in MJ (I replied this before but I'll go into more detail):

I listen to WolfFM a lot (I'm an 80's freak)..anyway..they used to use 128kbit mp3 streams for broadcasting. Recently, they changed their format to WMA. So now I'm stuck with this format because it's their "high quality" stream (96k). Now I can either use Windows Media Player to play this format or MJ8. I'll take the latter. (of corse).

Here's the problem. In WMP, it plays fine. In MJ8 it plays fine however it always says "buffering" but never skips. Sometimes it will break for a millisec or so when doing some stuff in MJ/Windows. I can set the buffer to the max and that doesn't do anything. It plays right away.

If I open the file properties on a lot of file (thousands), then MJ will buffer the music like it should. Also the "buffering" is gone from the player window. All is fine then.

WolfFM uses Abacast to host it's stream. This is a server running on port 4001. So I connect to it with MJ like this: http://127.0.0.1:4001/~~~stream~~~.wma. I have to put the stream in there because MJ will think it's .mp3.

I'm wondering if it's the local server causing MJ to not buffer the stream better. I don't know.

One other thing I noticed is if I close the server, MJ says invalid license file. I know this is expected but when you stop it, MJ crashes. If I don't "stop", MJ keeps saying invalid license file over and over again.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2002, 05:40:27 pm »

"Registered to:" is still blank.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Mavrick

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2002, 05:55:30 pm »

>>13. Changed: DSP Studio remembers last selection between sessions

Wow you guys are great thanks. Now wanna hear a funny story...I was so gald to see this in the list that I thought "got to try that right away" so I launch MJ open and close DSP Studio and get dissapointed cause it dosen't work try again still no joy. Come back here to post the "bug" and realize DUH it might work better if I actually installed the new build...ROTFL:}

Boy do I feel stoopid but at least I did'nt post it as a bug report.

RemyJ

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2002, 05:56:40 pm »

>>> 7. Fixed: Eject CD option in ripper wouldn't eject multiple CD's being ripped.
Well, yes but... I guess I envisioned that each device would eject as it was done rather than having them all eject en-masse when the entire batch was finished.

>>> 10. Fixed: Secure ripping log wasn't being displayed if user hit the Cancel button.
Hmmmm...Load 2 readers, rip both in secure mode, press cancel in the middle of the second dics, still no log.

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2002, 06:17:16 pm »

Bugs

Visualizations : Ever since introducing the Dispaly Quality menu, dynamic adjustment of vis scaling based on display window size has been lost. Because of this, we can't get good performance in MEGA-ME and good display quality in mini-me without having to manually adjust it.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Resizing Statistics shows flashes of the transparent color (Green Eyes skin - upper right hand corner of Stats window as you shrink it & the "Download to PC" browse for folder box, both upper corners).

Download Manager : If I start DM from MJ's Tools menu, or from it's Start Menu Shortcut, and I'm not connected to the internet, I get the "Unable to find phonebook entry" error message. This doesn't happen on Windows Startup because of the /WinStartup switch. I could edit the shortcut in the Start Menu manually, but I obviously can't do that with the DM option in MJ's Tools menu.

MEGA-ME Skinning : Sometimes when my system is taxed, MJ's skinning dissapears. I have a screenshot of this that I won't post to save everybody from having to download it (it's pretty big), but here's the link if you want to see it.

http://doof.webryders.com/MJ/Screenshots/skin.jpg

Haven't actually confirmed whether or not this one is still there, but I didn't see it listed as Fixed so :
CD Rip : When viewing the log for Digital Secure, if I select a section and hit "Play Selection", MJ always just says "Please Select Files To Play"

Display (Track Info) : If "Enable Scroll Bars" is on, "Auto-Hide Bars" is on, and "Resize Display for Bars" is off, then you can't get to the horizontal scroll bar. Perhaps "Resize Display for Bars" should be always on for Track Info when "Enable Scroll Bars" is on?

System Info

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.276

CPU: AMD Athlon 944 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 83 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

Jazzwolf

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2002, 06:33:42 pm »

I clicked on check for updates from MJ 8.0.275 and I get a message that there are no updates at this time. Was it pulled off the site?

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2002, 06:42:53 pm »

Digital-secure ripping now seems to work on my Dell with my Dell-supplied CDROM (Lite-On LTN486 48x Max). However, it is ecruciatingly slow.

Ditital-secure works considerably faster if I am simultaneously playing a track from the same CD (counterintuitive).  So something is still wrong.  

Note that digital-secure works fine on this same system using MJ 7.2.  

js

Dell Precision 340 (2.4 GHz P4, 1GB memory)
Windows XP Pro (all updates)
CDROM Drive: Lite-On LTN486 48x Max
ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2600.0
Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2600.0
Shell32.dll: 6.0.2600.0
wnaspi.dll: 4.6.0.1021
wnaspi32.dll: 4.6.0.1021

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2002, 06:53:38 pm »

Sorry, spoke too soon.

Digital-secure in fact doesn't work almost always on my Dell with Dell-supplied CDROM (Lite-On LTN486 48x Max). Message is: "failed to read sector _; Incorrect Function)".

However, digital-secure DOES work, albeit quite slowly, if I am simultaneously playing a track from the same CD; not practical, but cool and an important piece of data.

Digital-secure worked fine on this same system under MJ 7.2.

js

CDROM Drive: Lite-On LTN486 48x Max
Shell32.dll: 6.0.2600.0

JimH

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2002, 06:53:56 pm »

Jazzwolf, you can get it here.  It isn't yet public.
Jim Hillegass

Jazzwolf

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2002, 07:03:26 pm »

Thanks Jim, I'm just used to clicking for updates from MJ 8.

Rockin Rob

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2002, 07:37:45 pm »

CDDB is not displaying correct information when a compact disc is inserted.  Songs do play, but all data collected in incorrect.  When I remove the cd, and re-insert, the same incorrect data fills the screen.  The information that it is filling with, is from a cd I played over the weekend.

Rob

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2002, 07:38:01 pm »

I guess this isn't a really a bug, so it's therefore forbidden to discuss, but despite that, could it be made possible to save a folder scheme of 'None' when burning a CD? That's the scheme I always use, and with every CD I burn I have to take the additional steps of removing the folder scheme because I can't save it as the default, like I can with every other option on that particular menu. It's kind of unexpected behavior given the interface context. Bug-ishlike Next Page
Severian

shelly

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2002, 08:42:18 pm »

This may have been a fluke but I'm going to report it anyway.  In attempting to import some files, I right clicked on Karrin Allyson in the artist view of the library, selected import, & accidently selected my jazz folder instead of my Karrin Allyson folder.  As the files were being imported, MJ spontaneously closed. On reopening MJ, the artists field of all the imported files had been changed to Karrin Allyson.  The file name had not changed, just the artist field.  Additionally, various artists albums, had Karrin in the album artist field as well. Fortunately, I had just backed up the library so I don't have to convert 500 files back to the original artist.  

Listening to: 'O Pato (The Duck)' from 'From Paris To Rio' by 'Karrin Allyson' on Media Jukebox

WolfA

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2002, 12:24:31 am »

Still in 8.0.276beta
Still in 8.0.275beta
Still in 8.0.273beta
Still in 8.0.272beta
Still in 8.0.270beta
Still in 8.0.267beta
Still in 8.0.266beta
Bug in 8.0.265beta - CD names not shown correctly

If you need more info: albrecht-waldbronn@web.de

Still the process of reading the content of MP3 CDs is not real good. If
a CD, that shows up in the explorer as 'Complete_CDs_01', is read, the
section File Location shows (0x5601E92A) and the section CD and DVD media a
CD named 'unassigned'. If I add mores CDs, it still shows a single
'unassigned' folder instead of the real name of the CD. Out of 5 CDs
'Complete_CDs_01' through 'Complete_CDs_05' only the last showed with
correct name under CD and DVD media.

To show the content of a specific CD is therefore not straight forward!

Can this be changed?

My system: NT 4.0 with all SPs, 500 Mhz PIII, 198MB RAM

Regards, Wolfgang

ZRocker

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2002, 04:04:43 am »

Bug:
1. The Erase CD/RW function seems to no longer work with the GoldenHawk driver selected.  This used to work in v7.2 and in older 8.0 betas (not sure when it stopped working).  I'm using my very reliable Plextor 12/10/32A burner and have not made any system config or hardware changes in 1|PLS| years.  Currently, MJ just locks up after you answer Yes to the 'Are you sure...' dialog.  MJ displays 'Erasing CDRW...' in the Content View burner info area, but erasing never starts.  I have to Cancel, restart MJ and switch to the Generic driver now just to erase.

JohnT

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2002, 05:20:11 am »

The Erase CD/RW function seems to no longer work with the GoldenHawk driver selected

This is fixed for the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2002, 06:03:24 am »

I guess this isn't a really a bug, so it's therefore forbidden to discuss, but despite that, could it be made possible to save a folder scheme of 'None' when burning a CD? That's the scheme I always use, and with every CD I burn I have to take the additional steps of removing the folder scheme because I can't save it as the default, like I can with every other option on that particular menu. It's kind of unexpected behavior given the interface context. Bug-ishlike

Are you referring to the "Rearrange CD folders" option, or the "Save/Load Folder structure" option? If you choose "None" in rearrange CD folders, it should save that as the default for the next burn. If it's not, let me know the sequence of commands you are doing which causes this behavior.

- John T.

JohnT

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2002, 06:07:21 am »

Noborg:
Sorry, spoke too soon.
Digital-secure in fact doesn't work almost always on my Dell with Dell-supplied CDROM (Lite-On LTN486 48x Max). Message is: "failed to read sector _; Incorrect Function)".

Does it rip ok with "digital large buffer" chosen for copy mode? Also, if you have aspi installed, try changing the "type" field from IDE to Aspi" in device settings.

JohnT

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2002, 06:25:31 am »

>>> 7. Fixed: Eject CD option in ripper wouldn't eject multiple CD's being ripped.
Well, yes but... I guess I envisioned that each device would eject as it was done rather than having them all eject en-masse when the entire batch was finished

Since tracks can be rearranged so that all tracks for one drive are not necessarily grouped together while ripping, it's more logical for MJ to eject them en-masse.

>>> 10. Fixed: Secure ripping log wasn't being displayed if user hit the Cancel button.
Hmmmm...Load 2 readers, rip both in secure mode, press cancel in the middle of the second dics, still no log.

Sorry, the change didn't make it into this build. Should work with the next build.

m nmn

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2002, 06:28:47 am »

I'm not sure if this is simply my own ignorance:
I have tried to create additional alternative libraries from library manager.
But cannot then delete any of them ("cannot delete current library")
Or merge them
They are all checked in the File/Library menu and I can't uncheck them.

CPU: Intel Pentium III 651 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 195 MB, Free - 68 MB

ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1008) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1997 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2002, 07:28:11 am »

I also see the behavior reported by Rockin Rob, although not always.  

When it happens, the CDDB info (and resulting MJ database entries) reflects the previously-inserted CD, not the current one.  

js

CDROM Drives:  HP CD-Writer|PLS| 9900j, Lite-On LTN486  48x Max
Shell32.dll:  6.0.2600.0

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2002, 07:38:28 am »

JohnT:

This is regarding 'rearrange CD folders' prior to a burn. Sequence of commands I always follow is this: Go to smartlist, right click and send to burner. At the burner screen the folder scheme is at artist/album, and I then always change it back to none (Options->Rearrange CD Folders->None). On the next try of a burn, the exact same thing will happen; it will be back to artist/album. I have not tried saving another folder scheme yet and seeing if it resets back to artist/album.
Severian

ZRocker

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2002, 07:39:35 am »

Bug:
1. Build a Playing Now playlist of 3 songs.  Start playback of the first song (Seq #1).  Now, drag-n-drop the first track (playing currently) to the bottom of the Playing Now playlist.  MJ incorrectly updates the display to show the second track as currently playing now (should be the last track or track #3).  When, the current track finishes playing, the next track played is the just finished track because MJ is confused and thought track #2 was playing (when actually track #3 was playing after the drag-n-drop operation).  You get the same type of problem if the last track is currently playing and you drag-n-drop another track to be the last...MJ show the new last track as currently playing (when actually the track above it is currently still playing).

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2002, 07:46:58 am »

JohnT -

Re: digital-secure ripping

Yes, "digital large buffer works" (but it hasn't proved 100% reliable, hence my use of digital-secure).

And, yes, digital-secure appears to work ok when I change IDE to ASPI.  But this confuses me (non-expert).  Isn't IDE the "right" setting, given that the drive is on the IDE controller?  (In any case, I think most users would select "IDE" and perhaps get into trouble.)

Thanks.

js

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2002, 08:19:40 am »

JohnT -

Re: digital-secure ripping (update)

Further experiments show that the ASPI setting is unreliable as well.   Sometimes it yields:  "Open drive failed. Parameter is out of range".

js

JohnT

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2002, 12:54:21 pm »

Severian: This is regarding 'rearrange CD folders' prior to a burn. Sequence of commands I always follow is this: Go to smartlist, right click and send to burner. At the burner screen the folder scheme is at artist/album, and I then always change it back to none (Options->Rearrange CD Folders->None). On the next try of a burn, the exact same thing will happen; it will be back to artist/album

This is fixed for the next build. Thanks for reporting it.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2002, 01:05:27 pm »

grid lines get disturbed/distorted when the mouse dwells or hang over the lines in content view.

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

Severian

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Data Stylist
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2002, 01:08:33 pm »

JohnT, you rule. Thanks.
Severian

nila

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2002, 03:23:03 pm »

Old bug that was introduced a few builds back but still not fixed.

Multimedia keyboards play/pause still working randomly with MJ.
Works when it's in focus and sometimes when it's not but sometimes it wont when it's not.

RemyJ

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2002, 03:53:41 pm »

================================================================================
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, yes but... I guess I envisioned that each device would eject as it was done rather than having them all eject en-masse when the entire batch was finished
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since tracks can be rearranged so that all tracks for one drive are not necessarily grouped together while ripping, it's more logical for MJ to eject them en-masse.
================================================================================

Hmmmm...OK I guess I can deal with that but why would anyone WANT to rearrange ripping of tracks?  I.E.  Rip a few tracks off one reader, then a few off of another reader, then a few of the first reader again.  Wouldn't that just slow the process down if reader 1 spun down while ripping from reader 2?  

Remy
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Cotton-Eyed|PLS|Loo

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2002, 04:17:46 pm »

noborg:

I had a problem with the ASPI layer that MJ installed for me when I was using 7.2. I uninstalled the current ASPI layer [LSI I think] and installed the Adaptect one instead (they say it don't work with win2k/winxp - but they aren't completely right). Using the Adaptect ASPI fixed my problem [couldn't rip from my SCSI plextor drive]. I have recently migrated to a new machine and recovered/rebuilt everything and I decided to upgrade to MJ8 beta (275 was the first I installed). When I went to rip my first CD (John Lithgow's "Singing in The Bathtub" [I can't type it without laughing]) MJ offered to install an ASPI layer and I said yes.

At this point everything was perfect but ripping gave me a weird error (open drive failed, paramter ..... - sound familiar?). I uninstalled the easy installed ASPI layer and installed the adaptect one. Poof I'm golden.

I really have no idea why one worked and the other didn't. This is not a comment on the ASPI layer MJ installs [LSI??]. Adaptect says using their's on win2k/xp is a bad bad thing to do (and it won't "let you" install it if you don't have an adaptect controller).

This is kind of a risky thing to do if you are not comfortable screwing and descrewing computers. If you clearly understood everything in this post and know right off the top of your head how to do it you're probably fine trying it. If you are unclear on any of this I need to advise you not to try it yourself but rather find someone who does get it (you know the type) and drag'em over your place.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2002, 12:14:27 am »

Thanks folks,

numberplays working again Next Page
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Uri|PLS|Ts.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2002, 04:44:47 am »

Is it possible to add a button of "T MARK" in the "Record Sound"?

So I could play a record and only press the "T MARK" like button to devide the tracks,

When recording from Line-in

Thanks

Uri.

JohnT

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2002, 04:50:00 am »

Is it possible to add a button of "T MARK" in the "Record Sound"?
So I could play a record and only press the "T MARK" like button to devide the tracks,

I'm not sure, but I think the "split track" button is what you're looking for. Just click this at the point you want it to end the current track and start the next one.

Mr.X

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2002, 06:45:18 am »

Status bar in TV tuner doesn't update channel properly.

Double-click a channel other than the one you're currently viewing in the channels list to the left of the TV screen.
Look at the status bar (the one that comes and goes on the TV screen) it is not updated. It will update when you click the up/down selector on the status bar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up