INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I rotate image in Display view  (Read 2144 times)

blindjim

• Recent member
  • Keep looking up.
How do I rotate image in Display view
« on: November 17, 2011, 08:40:32 am »

is there a hot key for rotating the image in 'DISPLAY VIEW'?

Sometimes when playing AVI, ISFO, or WMV, I open the file in Display View.... and it's upside down, or it automatically (?) rotates on it's own to the upside down position.... really... it really does and I'm perplexed, astonished and a bit upset not finding any way to fix the crazy image. Standing on my head is NOT an option.

Neither is rotating my monitor.

Please Help!

Thanks kindly.
It's not what you don't know that can hurt you, it's what you know that just ain't so that does the most damage, most of the time!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: How do I rotate image in Display view
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:49 am »

This isn't a common problem.

You might try updating your video drivers.

You could also try Red October Standard vs HQ in Options > Video to see if madVR works better for you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:21 am »

This won't help, and I'm not sure what will, and for that I apologise, but... I asked Nathan, and he said they looked just fine to him!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 07:28:27 am »

Boo.  Hiss.

blindjim,  I agree with Matt that this is a video driver problem.  You might find other posts if you searched on Google with the model of your video hardware.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:15:38 am »

I'll just get my coat...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:03:26 am »

I've discovered, that for some obscure reason, if you press Alt-Gr + the down key on the HP PCs at work, it flips the display upside-down... Childish, but still, hilarious :)

blindjim

• Recent member
  • Keep looking up.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 05:51:21 pm »

I'll check out the latest aTI Radeon driver of the month... and they say Invidia is bad.... although I've never had such an instance except once with my HT projector... fiddlin around with the buttons I managed to get the image - view, flipped upside down. An option in the setup menu. I figured I had somehow hit a series of keys while in Std view that flipped the image.

There are none, then which will flip the image around?

BTW.... I use Std view exclusivly! The reason for the Display View is that's the only way I can see ANY IMAGE AT ALL when playing videos of ANY FORMAT!!

I'll hear the sound but see no window with images in it... going to the View tab I selcet Display and there's the video image.... is there some easier route to having MC 17 automatically pick the correct/best view for displaying video content?

Till I figure out the subtleties I'll continue using Power DVD... which I wish I didn't have to. From what I've seen thus far the image in MC is better.

It's not what you don't know that can hurt you, it's what you know that just ain't so that does the most damage, most of the time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up