INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod article sort issues still!  (Read 1137 times)

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod article sort issues still!
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:55:32 am »

I take care of the alphabetizing myself in my filenames and my tags, however no matter what options I select for "ignore articles" or not, my iPod wants to take this function over.  Example:  I name my folder and mu artists Cure, The.  All the fields for Artist, Album Artist, and Band reflect this, however the iPod will still sort it with "The Cure" so I end up with hundreds of artists starting with the letter "T" even though that is not what is in the tag!  Very frustrating.  In searching I have discovered that iTunes uses a "Sort Artist" tag field that you can change the sorting information.  Is this possible to do in Media Center somehow?  I took one album and added the sort artist option in iTunes and added it back into MediaCenter but it does nothing.

Is there a hack for the iPod to stop it from doing this?
Thanks

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: iPod article sort issues still!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:11:00 am »

If I use iTunes to read my iPod only and do a Get Info in the bands that start with "The", I can edit the "sort artist" field and change it accordingly.  Would it be possible to add those tag fields to Media Center for those of us who are iritated by Apple?

Media Center rocks but I hate having to use two things to manage my device!

Thanks

davemccorkle

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: iPod article sort issues still!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 05:33:07 pm »

no one has this issue?  no one uses an ipod?  I have an ipdo classic 160 and itunes sucks!  i want media center to do everything.  I cannot belive that no one else is having an issue!
Pages: [1]   Go Up