INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle on a Phillips Streamium (and maybe other DLNA devices) [SOLVED]  (Read 954 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I'm testing the shuffle on the Streamium.

With shuffle off, playing a genre works like you'd expect.  Playing now says something like 1/650, 2/650, etc.

But in shuffle mode, it seems to pick a random child container, then plays all the files in that child container randomly.  Playing Now says something like 11/15.

Once it's played everything in the child container, it moves on to a different random child container.

Maybe they're trying to do an album-type shuffle?  Or maybe they know it's too slow to shuffle a lot of files?  Either way, it's not optional and I really don't like it.

I haven't been able to think of a workaround, other than using shuffled Smartlists instead of library browsing.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Shuffle on the Streamium
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:25 am »

The solution to this is to make views that don't have child categories.

For example, instead of "Genres\Artists\Albums", just make a view "Genres".  Then, shuffle works nicely on the Streamium.

You can customize DLNA views in Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA servers... > Select the server you use > Customize views...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up