INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any chance of MC ever supporting Airplay?  (Read 1576 times)

thinksinc

Any chance of MC ever supporting Airplay?
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:10:03 am »

I'm currently using iTunes to manage and play a healthy collection of lossless audio tracks (FLAC > ALAC). Since adding an HTPC to my home theater, it was suggested I try MC because it supposedly will play back my lossless collection with better audio quality (HTPC is connected to an Anthem Statement d2v pre pro, so hopefully I'd be able to appreciate any improvements in quality!)

I have a few Airport Expresses with Airplay devices around my home, plus an Apple TV, which allows me to control and stream my music library to any room in my place easily. All of the speaker sets just "magically" pop-up in iTunes, and I can send my music to any/all of the devices simultaneously, with easy independent control over volume levels, etc. This function alone has kept me with iTunes, but I'd definitely be interested in checking out MC further if it were to ever support Airplay streaming.

I did see the thread about using Airfoil to "hijack" MC into streaming to Airplay devices, but I'd be interested in a more official and elegant solution.

Any chance of this happening?

-R

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any chance of MC ever supporting Airplay?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:35:09 am »

You can use airfoil to stream from mc to airplay devices. A friend uses this setup all the time and says its a very stable solution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up