INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nit Picking Before RC  (Read 3649 times)

sekim

Nit Picking Before RC
« on: May 19, 2002, 08:19:52 am »

Just a few thoughts before RC status.

Some of the smaller pop-up windows when skinned have buttons that look out of place. Example- Green Eyes is the skin I use constantly, like it alot. But, when selecting properties or statistics the restore buttons are not rounded on both sides. Perhaps a new bitmap that is 'rounded' for some of these skins that are two button affairs would give it a more 'finished' look.

The arrow buttons for the player and visualization windows were initially black. Would be nice to have them so again. I think they would stand out better and direct users to click on them and see what happens. More 'intuitive'.

Otherwise, looking and running very well. Great job. Now the trick question, ready to go this week?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Nit Picking Before RC
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 08:51:44 am »

Probably, but those kinds of things won't be changed now.  There were some limits we ran into for skinning and the arrows were changed on purpose.  We're only looking for bigger problems now.

It's a lot like carpentry.  A job is never completely finished.  You can always do a little more, but finally you just say "enough already".
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 09:01:20 am »

JimH

I am on your side.I know that decorating and making softwares are not the same.But for both you have to know when to say "basta, it is ready"

Do not know about software,but concerning decoration,if you do not know when to say basta,you just mess around the good job done, at on time or an over

Better to have to come back if the customer calls you-Kind of update in your field

sekim

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 09:53:00 am »

>>> Better to have to come back if the customer calls you <<<

I'm gonna disagree here. Do it right the first time and it will save you time and headaches later. Now, that said, if the customer wants a change to an already finished product then it is something different altogether.

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 10:27:08 am »

MH
Can i say i am very good at my job and very honest?
There is things you see,cause you know it,and that only one in hundred customer will take notice of .Leave it as it is,trust me it is the best solution............
There is things you feel,you think.Kind of :this wall with the full color and the others walls with the color at 1/4 will look much better.All the room is with color at 1/4 -I may try to make this part in yellow looks "old".And you can spend few more weeks at the place

And there is tricks.If you see that people "have cactus in the wallet",just forget to do/finish something.
To have to come back will be the time to ask for the part of the money they still have to give you

JimH

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 10:28:22 am »

Machinehead,
Ever re-finish an old floor?  If you look really close, I'll bet you can see the marks of the sander.  You could have left fewer marks if you kept at it a while.  Eventually, you reach the point of diminishing returns.  You can even sand the floor away.

I agree about doing it right the first time, but your definition of right includes rounded corners on everything.  Mine doesn't.  "Basta", as zevele says.

Jim
Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 10:40:18 am »

I think they are trying to put the varnish on MJ8

maybe in MJ9 they can put a second coat on for you to smooth out the look.

I love working with wood, i wish i had a wood workshop.

Now Playing: Beatles - Norwegian Wood.mp3
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2002, 10:54:00 am »

Don't get me wrong guys. I'm not being critical of this. It was something that I happened to notice and thought it wouldn't take much to do. It is afterall, a software program and not an heirloom piece of furniture.

KingSparta,

You like it that much check into an area woodworking program. Sometimes there are places that will rent out shop time with no investment on your part for major tools, and more importantly space. Serves both quite well. I would think in your area there is bound to be something available.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2002, 10:58:07 am »

MachineHead

when I was in the army I used the one on post to make things, if I was rich I would have a shop like norm (on PBS) he is a miracle worker when it comes to wood
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 11:04:55 am »

How close to Charlotte are you?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 11:08:29 am »

that's about 3 hours from here

Now Playing: James Taylor - Carolina In My Mind.mp3
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 11:27:29 am »

King,
Right click on playing now, copy listening to...

Listening to: 'Chiken Rhythm' from 'Chiken Rhythm Volume 2' by 'Slim Gaillard' on Media Jukebox

I think it was llmar who suggested it a while back.  (If I got that wrong, please identify yourself.)

Jim
Jim Hillegass

zevele1

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2002, 11:47:04 am »

test

zevele1

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 11:54:30 am »

no succes..

JimH

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2002, 12:34:49 pm »

copy in mj, paste here (control v)
Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2002, 01:11:28 pm »

>> King,
>> Right click on playing now, copy listening to...

A Bit Of Reggae
Listening to: 'Stepping Out' from 'Rastafari Centennial Live In P' by 'Steel Pulse' on Media Jukebox

hehe

way cool

Shift&Insert works too
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2002, 01:13:52 pm »

kkkkkkkkkkkk
Listening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media JukeboxListening to: 'Bonnie And Clyde' from 'Bonnie And Clyde' by 'Brigitte Bardot And Serge Gainsbourg' on Media Jukebox

zevele1

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2002, 01:14:34 pm »

SORRY!

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2002, 01:15:24 pm »

do you think you got it now?

Listening to: 'Over & Over' from 'You Can Dance' by 'Madonna' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2002, 01:33:26 pm »

Testing this out myself. (had always wondered how it was done)

Listening to: 'I Wanna Know What Love Is' by 'Foreigner' on Media Jukebox
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2002, 01:39:42 pm »

I still get a very long "analyzing devices" window at various times. Often when switching between CD and Media Library.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

zevele1

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2002, 01:45:53 pm »

NO!
Or i get 100 times 'listening to
or nothing

shift|PLS|insert before you click playing now and  copy listening to?
or shift|PLS|insert after the clicks ?

Sorry again but just do not know how to copy in mj
Never did it and i do not know the use of half my keybroad keys

sekim

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2002, 01:50:11 pm »

>>>> keybroad <<<<

I had one of those once.

JimH

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2002, 02:36:52 pm »

Zevele,
> shift|PLS|insert before you click playing now and copy listening to?
or shift|PLS|insert after the clicks ?

after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after after OK?

stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong stick with control v for insert you can never go wrong
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2002, 02:58:43 pm »

OK, a few beers and I'm starting to see words in the quintillions. What are you trying to do? Drive me to drink? Next Page

JimH

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2002, 03:36:09 pm »

We just don't want you to leave the job unfinished. Next Page
Jim Hillegass

zevele1

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2002, 03:41:39 pm »

HEHE
In this case to get drunk
Will try the listening to in daytime for me
Like this you will be able to delete the mess before large crowds flock to the forum

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2002, 04:15:59 pm »

Listening to: 'Bad Boy' from 'Primitive Love' by 'Miami Sound Machine' on Media Jukebox

Right click and paste works also
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2002, 04:36:46 pm »

zevele,
this mess is home.  we're proud of it.

Cartoon.
One rat, turning to his wife:

"Clean up this rat hole?  It's supposed to be a rat hole."

Probably doesn't translate into French very well.
Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2002, 04:59:33 pm »

Listening to: 'I Wanna Rock' from 'Big Hits & Nasty Cuts' by 'Twisted Sister' on Media Jukebox

Mouseman: this might be a good "Track Info" page (please)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2002, 05:45:05 pm »

laughing out loud here

A couple of years ago, there was a woman who had trained a rat to wire schools....

http://www.csmonitor.com/durable/1997/08/12/home/home.1.html

The rat had an understudy, a young pup learning the trade.

I haven't heard anything about him lately.  Probably bought out by Quest.
Jim Hillegass

zevele1

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2002, 11:40:19 am »

Listening to: 'Äúòååúåú Ùì Äâåøì' from 'Òåùéí Ãéìï (Øåçåúùì Èîèåí)' by 'ôøåé÷è äâåîéä' on Media Jukebox

HEHEHE!
But i saw once in 7.2 help that you get the name of artist and songs in any language
Not in 8 ? It is an israeli cd,but what you see is not hebrew

trou de rat=rat hole=concerning rats
trou a rat=concerning flat,bar or  other places no better than a rat hole

I did ctrl v and ,you know what ,just see that i have also ctrl on the left side.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up