INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No TV In MC14 ?  (Read 3271 times)

Quarterwave

• Recent member
No TV In MC14 ?
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:27:08 pm »

Hi everyone,

I've been a long-time user of MC (since version 8 roughly) and bought regular updates until MC12 which (until now) has handled most of my needs.

However, I recently upgraded to MC14 (I know it's old), as I was hoping to watch TV on the PC that I have in my recording studio (to have on in the background for customers etc....).

I have a Hauppauge (?) QAM TV tuner that is plugged into the motherboard of my desktop, with a regular cable TV coming from my cable box into it.

I can get Comcast HD channels (and other non-HD channels) to work in Windows Media Center, but I cannot get anything in JRiver Media Center 14. I have looked at all of the links via the JRiver Wiki etc.... and the thing is, I have no listings for a TV option at all.

I've tried to find anything related to TV in the "Drives and Devices" menu, and anything in the "Tools" or "Player" pulldown menus - but all to no avail.

Can anyone help me ?

I understand that MC14 is no longer being developed, but after reading before I upgraded (which was a PITA as the upgrade didn't automatically keep all of my EQ settings etc....), I thought that TV was a built-in option - was I wrong ?

Or do I have to upgrade to the newest MC version - and if so, are there any "grandfathered" type of deals for existing users ?

Thanks in advance for any help !
Basic Win 7 machine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No TV In MC14 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:03:48 pm »

You can upgrade to MC17 for $23.98 right now.  Here's how.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC17

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 04:23:09 pm »

I have a Hauppauge (?) QAM TV tuner that is plugged into the motherboard of my desktop, with a regular cable TV coming from my cable box into it.
Just be aware that QAM is not supported in MC ( yet ).......

Maybe soon??

SBR

Quarterwave

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:07:21 pm »

Ok, thanks guys - does MC17 allow downloading files from Youtube ?
Basic Win 7 machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up