INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie Cover Art small image size is wrong but Larger image is correct  (Read 1620 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

In Theater View (movies), some of the Cover Art is incorrect. Where the cover art is shown in the small rotated view (in the background) it has the wrong cover, but when the cover art is brought to the front (and the larger image is used) it is correct. I have looked all over my computer for the location of this "smaller" cover art. All I can find is the larger cover art. How can I fix this?

In the example below, the cover art should be in english. When the cover comes to the front of screen it is in the correct langauge. I tried to "Add Cover Art from File" and "Get Movie & TV info" but both of these only affects the "larger" cover art.

CountryBumkin

Re: Movie Cover Art small image size is wrong but Larger image is correct
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 04:02:45 pm »

I still have not solved this - but it just got a little weirder. I see now that the covers (small and large sizes) are working/displaying properly on my Server machine. The problem is only on my Client (which has no cover art I know of).

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:35:45 pm »

I haven't had this exact issue, but I have had a similar case in which the cover art for tv series was different from the art I had loaded.  Anyway what I found is that J River hides a cache of cover art away in your App data/Roaming file in windows 7.  So assuming you are using windows 7 try looking here:

C:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData (this is a hidden folder)\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17.  In that folder you may find a bunch of random artwork you don't want either in the Cache folder of the Cover Art folder.  I just deleted it and that pretty much solved my problem.  Not sure if it will help you but it's a place to start.
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:31 pm »

The beta build in which the cover flow feature was introduced improperly replaced some existing covers. After replacing those, it seems to me it took some time for the smaller versions to be updated. I don't know what impact that may have on a client, but maybe that's what you're seeing. :-\

In that folder you may find a bunch of random artwork you don't want either in the Cache folder of the Cover Art folder.

I don't think so. The Cover Art folder will contain the actual cover art, if that is the location specified in Options (by default, it's saved beside the media files). The Cache folder contains a folder for background images, but not covers. Cover thumbnails are cached in the Thumbnails folder. Deleting that would require rebuilding all thumbnails.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 05:05:05 pm »

I searched for the movie (Mr Popper's Penguins) and found the cover   (the one in Spanish). It was at ....AppData>Roaming>JRiver>MediaCenter17>cover Art.... I deleted the cover. But it still shows up in my Theater View. I looked all over and can not find another copy of this bad cover anywhere. Maybe its in code somewhere.

I also searched for it on the Server - but could not find it.
Well, its not hurting anything so I guess I'll leave it alone - and go watch a movie.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 06:14:14 pm »

Maybe its in code somewhere.

Well, sort of. The smaller image is likely a 'large thumbnail' cached in the Thumbnails folder. You can't find and delete individual images there. Find the movie in Standard View and select Cover Art > Rebuild Thumbnail from the context menu.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:45:57 am »

That fixed it Rick. Thanks.
A simple solution I never would have found on my own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up