INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LISTENING TO A [ex] PROTECTED CD  (Read 710 times)

zevele1

LISTENING TO A [ex] PROTECTED CD
« on: May 19, 2002, 07:31:22 am »

It has to be me the first one on this forum to get one!
I do not think i am wrong,it looks really like a protected cd
Last week i found in the '$1 cds box' a promo cd of Gandalf-rock hell .It is a promo cd from England or Us on Earache record from year 2000
When the cd in the cdr,MJ dead,all the computer dead.Even alt|PLS|ctrl|PLS|del not working.If you open My Computer and put the cd in the cdr and click on the letter of you cdr ,you get a windows"please put a disk in drive.." And computer dead.To remove the cd gives you back you computer or not
Same with the cdwritter drive

But it is not only this,the cd not working on
Cd desk from the stereo
discman
discman normal and mp3 cds player
dvd
car stereo
stereo of 3 people in my building

I saw that ,on the outside of the cd was like another part after like a blank part.The same that on the site who was on link on one post not long ago about protected cd
So with the same pen what i use to tag mes mp3 cds i did as they said.First try was not good,second one was fine
I now listening to the APE files i did from the cd....
The cd works now on stereo,dvd and the 2 dicsman.
Does not work with the cdroom,i had to use the cdwritter

I sent an email to the 2 adress on the back of the sleeve,asking them why the pen was not in the promotional package...................

But,beside the fun to put them a big finger:
NOT WORKING ON 8 PLAYERS .This is really a good promotional record !!!
Do not think that the Earache records are protected.If yes ,this does not make sense.They are on Emusic
They did it because it was a promo.I will say you can understand it.But the cd is not playing on regular stereo!
Look like some of "my friends" here are milking to death all the idiots around

Dave

RE:LISTENING TO A [ex] PROTECTED CD
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 11:50:32 am »

If it is protected, I would return it immediately so as to show the darn record companies we won't buy CD's we can't use on our computer.

zevele1

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 11:58:51 am »

I found it in a second hand shop
Beside this,as i said,it is a "for promotional use only"

But i agree with you.And would do as you say if a new cd

sekim

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 12:01:47 pm »

Probably why you found it there. Wouldn't work in someones stuff. Now that you know the trick you should look for more bargains there. Next Page

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 12:17:59 pm »

I do not know how the records get to be in shops here,but,if have a look you will stay open mouth
Private pressing,demo from US bands from a small village,small indee label with a pressing of 300 copies,record who cost $$$and$$$$ on Ebay.The same for vinyl.Most of the cds are new,not even second hand,and not pirate.
You can even buy cheap price cds by kilo[!].To give away at wedding,bar mitza or party
I got a call from the shop when they get stuff.But i still do not know how they get it
Pages: [1]   Go Up