INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: madVR and DVD-discs...  (Read 4222 times)

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
madVR and DVD-discs...
« on: December 09, 2011, 10:15:41 am »

I cannot make Media Center to play DVD-discs with madVR... I tried to set madVR as default renderer and set it to be renderer for DVD-files, but I still get EVR when playing DVDs... Is there a way to make it work in Media Center? It works quite well with mpc-hc with ffdshow video renderer set to DVD-decoding and skipping menus... Is this planned for future versions (when LAV-Video supports DVD-decoding and opensource dvdnavigator get stable?) or is there some sort of reason to have EVR doing DVD-rendering?
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: madVR and DVD-discs...
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:17:03 am »

madVR doesn't currently support DVD.  DVD requires a renderer to support multiple input pins but madVR only supports one input pin.

Hopefully someday.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 01:45:23 pm »

You can use the free program "makeMKV" to convert your ripped DVDs (Video_TS) format to MKV. Then MadVR will work.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »

There are hacks to make it work, but I wouldn't recommend it.

For more info: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159492

Then of course you'd lose the ability to use RO, which just isn't worth it.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 01:59:15 pm »

You can use the free program "makeMKV" to convert your ripped DVDs (Video_TS) format to MKV. Then MadVR will work.
I just recently started doing this and it works great.

You can also use makeMKV to rip directly to mkv from the DVD.

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 03:14:24 am »

OK, then I will be happy with EVR.... Howabout PAL-Speeddown? Does EVR support it? I used it a lot with madVR+ReClock combo, can I have same results using 24hz refresh ratio for PAL-video and VideoClock? I wish I could get access to VideoClock configuration, so I can "force" it to do it if it doesnīt do it automatic...

I watch a lot of movies (DVDs) that I borrow from my friends, so I donīt want to rip every one of these discs (I watch about 400-films per year, which includes about 150-borrowed ones...). But I quess I have to wait for madshi gets madVR to work flawlessly with DVDs...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:22:50 am »

OK, then I will be happy with EVR.... Howabout PAL-Speeddown? Does EVR support it? I used it a lot with madVR+ReClock combo, can I have same results using 24hz refresh ratio for PAL-video and VideoClock? I wish I could get access to VideoClock configuration, so I can "force" it to do it if it doesnīt do it automatic...

I watch a lot of movies (DVDs) that I borrow from my friends, so I donīt want to rip every one of these discs (I watch about 400-films per year, which includes about 150-borrowed ones...). But I quess I have to wait for madshi gets madVR to work flawlessly with DVDs...

VideoClock works with EVR and madVR, and handles PAL slowdown.

You should use VideoClock instead of ReClock in my opinion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mvph1

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 12:11:50 pm »

You should use VideoClock instead of ReClock in my opinion.

I've recently tried using VideoClock instead of reclock.  However, I get glitches when I try to do PAL slowdown.  I use MC to change the display frequency to 23 hz  when it plays a 25fps video.  I'm also using MadVR and have tried setting and unsetting the option to treat 25fps videos as 24fps videos.  MC switches the frequency correctly, but the video is playing like a video with bad IVTC.  The pitch of the audio seems correct though.  Reclock is able to slow down the same video correctly.  Is there anything I should be looking for in my setup?

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 12:30:24 pm »

I've recently tried using VideoClock instead of reclock.  However, I get glitches when I try to do PAL slowdown.  I use MC to change the display frequency to 23 hz  when it plays a 25fps video.  I'm also using MadVR and have tried setting and unsetting the option to treat 25fps videos as 24fps videos.  MC switches the frequency correctly, but the video is playing like a video with bad IVTC.  The pitch of the audio seems correct though.  Reclock is able to slow down the same video correctly.  Is there anything I should be looking for in my setup?
I had same issues with MC... mpc-hc plays fine with EVR+ReClock and madVR+ReClock, but MC doesnīt (or I am missing something again...)

NickF

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 08:40:37 am »

Is there a setting to make PAL slowdown work?  I haven't found anything.  If the frame rate is set to 25Hz for the file in the library, it definitely doesn't work.  Do we need to change every PAL file to 23.98.  I have tried this and it doesn't give smooth playback.  What about PAL files which are supposed to play at 25Hz like recorded TV?

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10
Pages: [1]   Go Up