INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rapier Fusion skin for Theater View  (Read 65526 times)

Sesam

• World Citizen
Re: Rapier Fusion skin for Theater View
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2012, 02:10:53 pm »

Great to see someone making Theater View skins for MC. Ever since I switched from XBMC, I have been thinking about making my own monochromatic/orange skin (with flat 2D icons), but never got around to it (because the whole scripting part is scaring me).

Anyway so I just installed this skin yesterday, and I have to say good job! This skin is by far my favorite one. My only gripes really are that I find the text a little difficult to read from a distance, and that I didn't particularly like the background pictures. So I gathered some less colorful background pics, for a more monochromatic look :)

I uploaded the theme here for those curious what I ended up with:
http://depositfiles.com/files/l4oy08d2a

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2012, 02:50:24 pm »

I uploaded the theme here for those curious what I ended up with:
http://depositfiles.com/files/l4oy08d2a

Yes, that looks amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Will make a couple of screenshots and throw up a link
to your theme on my blog, if it's OK.

Thomas

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2012, 04:45:58 pm »

Of-course that's OK :)

GaryM

• Recent member
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:43 am »

I'm surprised there isn't more comment on this thread. I just discovered it and love the theme! At last I have got rid of the dire and dull default Theater View theme. A player as good as MC deserves better graphics than it is delivered with. Many thanks!!

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2012, 07:23:39 am »

A player as good as MC deserves better graphics than it is delivered with.
You are so right. If design had gotten a little more attention sometimes, there would be more people looking at MC as a possible replacement of their other inferior media centers. JRiver could at least think about bringing such themes and skins like this as their default Theater View experience. I'm sure that most skin developers would not mind if asked.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »

Hi xplain the rapier skin is amazing. I've had a go tweaking some things more to my liking, Just wondering is there anyway to achieve the following?

Lets see if I can explain clearly, I don't know all the names for all the different elements. Image 1 is located in Audio and then Albums under the secondary roller. I don't like that any selection after a secondary roller appears at the top like a button. It looks rather cluttered and messy. Could it be possible to move this information to the bottom like is illustrated in image 2? It would have to be un-selectable so it isn't really a button. Blue puzzle already has a slice at the bottom that has information on it. I like blue puzzle but the reason I reverted back to Rapier is because I believe it is wasted space throughout all menus. So ideally the slice at the bottom in image 2 would only appear after a selection has been made from a secondary roller.

Code 1
Code: [Select]
Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ & )
[Album]

Code 2
Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ & ) | [Album]
Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

This other part might have to be a request to the devs. In image 1 audio and albums I normally use the code 1 expression below. I use this because is separates the Artist and album on separate lines, for the thumbnail images it looks better like that than having album artist and album on the same line like code 2. But it has a draw back, I like the the button at the top when making a selection to look like code 2 on the same line. Because if I use code 1 the button at the top (And hopefully will in future be at the bottom ;) ) it just cuts of like so, [Album Artist]...... (Like in image 3)

Doesnt matter which way round I do it something always ends up looking ugly,

So ideally I wish we could construct views using the best of both worlds, that could make use of two similar expressions in one view scheme. i.e.

Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ & )
[Album]&[Rollertext]=[Replace([Album Artist], ;,/ & ) | [Album]]

So the first expression would be the one to create the view (And also the list pane, so it would have the carriage return to make it look nice) and the other would merely output text to the roller and hopefully in the future the bottom "slice" as I call it.

Hope I have explained myself clearly.

Thanks Xplain

P.s sorry for the extended images, had two monitors active when I took the screenshots.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2012, 02:17:32 pm »

Sorry, none of these things can be done

wildcatknh

• Recent member
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »

First of all ... I love the theme.  Thanks so much for all the work you put into it.

I wondered if there's a simple set of instructions anywhere on how to change the text and images for the different roller items ... I've added some custom ones to Theater View and there are no associated images or text to go with them by default in this theme.

I am really new to MC, so I am still trying to learn my way around it.

Thanks again.
HTPC - Win10 Pro, AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, MC23
XBox One X | LG OLED 55B7A | Sony STR-DN1080 AVR

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2013, 05:31:51 am »

Hi,

Is this works on MC 18 ?
I'm afraid not to see theater skins for this version.

regards.

xplain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:57 am »

Yes, It should work in MC18

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2013, 12:52:52 pm »

Yes, It should work in MC18

Yes it works perfectly in MC18. Thx

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2013, 03:35:42 pm »

Hi,

With MC 18 (last one), I've some APPCRASH (jriver.exe) at the startup with this skin. I've set the startup to the hometheater view.
The phenomenon is random (this not happens everytime...but often).

When going back to the default MC skin, no problem.

Is there any way to debug or to send "traces" ?

Regards.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up