INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic problem..WAV files ripped but meta d all screwed up  (Read 1747 times)

OldSnowMan

Basic problem..WAV files ripped but meta d all screwed up
« on: December 17, 2011, 06:47:17 pm »

I have been fighting WMP 11, windows XP for a year.  I have ripped 500 gig of albums to an external hard drive.  But often when I boot up my laptop the music is all screwed up....tons of UNKNOWN albums.  I have heard that if I start my laptop without the external hard drive plugged in, there is a brain fart and the album art and tracks are gone or all over the place.  I have tried F3 and  Library and Update album art, but it is not working.  Three or four times over the last 12 months I have done something to regenernate the artwork as it was orginally displayed but I can not duplicate whatever it was that got me back to being able to sort and play all my albums through Windows Media Player. 

IS there any software that can take my external harddrive and laptop tags and Humpty Dumpty them?  As it putting it all back together again?  Or must I reburn ever cd through a JRiver or DBPoweramp package? 

I know the portablity is limited, but in when the time comes to replace my current laptop server, can anyone's third party software tag my backup hard drive full of music( it is all there just not easy to play)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Basic problem..WAV files ripped but meta d all screwed up
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:03:55 pm »

WMP doesn't tag WAV files.  So other programs won't know what they are if they have to import them fresh.

Media Center can tag WAV files:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WAV_%26_AIFF_Tagging

Lossless compression would be even better (APE or FLAC).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up