INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File import error  (Read 2582 times)

anantaman

• Recent member
File import error
« on: January 06, 2019, 05:28:18 am »

HI there

I am trying to import some folders but get the error

skipped xxx filed previously delete from library

I know there is the option to click "ignore files previously removed from library", that did help with one folder, but it is not helping for some other folders

Any suggestion please

Thanks

Ananta

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File import error
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 03:32:48 pm »

Do you get a different message for the remaining folders of files? Perhaps it reports the files are bad?

Search the forum for discussions about the "Removed" and "Bad" databases in MC. You can create a Smartlist or View to see what is in them.

If the files aren't bad, but have just been deleted before and now you want to import them again, use a Smartlist/View of the Removed database to find the record of the deletion, and remove that record. MC should then import the files again, as it no longer knows that they had previously been deleted.
I have a Smartlist called "Removed Database contents", but I'm not sure if I created that one, or if it comes supplied with MC by default. Look for it.
Note: If you delete something from the "Removed" database, refresh the Smartlist/View and check that they are gone. There are some circumstances where they can be re-added to the database by MC background tasks, and need to be deleted a second time.

If MC believes the files are Bad, remove them from the Bad database and MC will re-evaluate their condition.
Note for audio files there is an existing Smartlist called "Audio -- Bad Audio files" that you might be able to use as is, or to work out how to create a Smartlist or View to check for other media types.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up