INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is the title bar on MJ8?  (Read 665 times)

tortdog

Where is the title bar on MJ8?
« on: May 17, 2002, 06:22:41 am »

What happened to the title bar that allows you to drag the application on your desktop and minimize/close it?

(Yeah...I feel pretty stupid not being able to figure out how to move the MJ window on my desktop, but...)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
RE:Where is the title bar on MJ8?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 06:24:25 am »

It should be there, like always.

Maybe try switching MEGA-ME skins, or even disabling them.

Let us know what you find out.  A screen shot of the problem would help if you can post or email one.  (matt @ jriver.com)

Thanks.

-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2002, 06:26:06 am »

What version? You may have an earlier beta.  Try updating.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

tortdog

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 06:36:20 am »

I sent a screen shot in a reply e-mail so you can see what it did. I had just installed version 8 (have been running 7.2 for some time) and considered that perhaps a reboot would cure it (running Win2000 Pro).

It cured it. The title bar is back and the windows can be moved again. Since this is still beta (8.0.272), perhaps you could add a notice following the install to reboot (assuming that was the cure). Of course, I have to admit that I usually ignore the warning when I do install new software...

Short note of thanks for a great product. The main reason I purchased MJ is the drag/drop feature to categorize songs. I wanted to support you guys. I am half-deciding to use your software to DJ the youth dances of our church. I have MixMeister and greatly appreciate how it matches the beat of songs to smooth it out. However, it is only good for DJing and its cataloging does not even come close to MJ's. Being able to easily "rate" songs as they are playing to reflect the crowd's reaction would be a great feature (as is easily possible with your product).

Kudos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up