INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing extra files  (Read 1435 times)

Metalman

• Recent member
importing extra files
« on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »

Hello everyone, i wanted to know why when i select a file or folder to import,  say-  .FLV files that i converted to .MPEG  that MC imports BOTH the file/folder with the .MPEG's but also the .FLV files, which if I am not careful, and did not look, i would be burning some .FLV files to dvd, which won't work and makes expensive coasters. I am being specific with MC, not using auto import. Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: importing extra files
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »

What do you mean by "selecting a folder to import"?

Do yo mean outside MC, in Windows Explorer, or inside MC in Drives & Devices > Explorer >...?

If yes, and you then use the Explorer context menu or drag and drop import to import the complete folder, MC will import all files that it can (from that folder). The file type selection options for importing are designed to work only with the Auto-Import feature.

When I add new files to MC without running Auto-Import, I usually drag & drop the selected media files (not folders) to one of my "Playing Now" lists (each zone has its own PN list). In there I use the "select > right-click > import" feature to import only the files I want to permanently include in my media library (the played files can be kept outside the library if the "Automatically import files when played" option is disabled in Options > General > Importing & Tagging...).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:31:10 pm »

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Metalman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 04:11:10 am »

I mean from inside MC. You ask it to import, then i browse to the file/folder, say: my anyvideoconverter/youtube/dvd-nstc  (which has dvd-nstc utube concert videos) it will also import the original .FLV files but I don't know why. And i must be careful what i drag to burn and then i have the extra step of deleting those unwanted files. thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up