INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Former iTunes user, now MC user :)  (Read 1344 times)

dnell

Former iTunes user, now MC user :)
« on: January 07, 2012, 05:37:47 pm »

Loving MC but I need a little help with a few things that I'm not sure how to solve.

1. Adding new content to my library

With iTunes, I would select the new folder or songs to import and it would copy it to my library location and keep it in order - ie, copy the new album from location x: to d:\music\artist. How do I accomplish this same thing with MC? When I add a new album or folder, MC adds it to the library but does not copy the content to my default library location specified.

2. Removing lists

How do I remove Images, Video, Podcasts, and Performer Store from the left pane? I just want to use MC for audio only, as an iTunes replacement.

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Former iTunes user, now MC user :)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

Howdy dnell,

1. MC doesn't auto-move media this way.  You can tag, and use your tags to drive a move via the Rename, Move & Copy dialog (select files, right-click, Library Tools).  Note that additional files with your media subfolders won't be moved by default.  This will take longer to explain here then is perhaps useful now.  There's also an Explorer inside MC, so you can also use that (Drives & Devices > Explorer).

2. Explore Tools > Options > General > Features and disable features you don't want.  Restart MC after.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

dnell

Re: Former iTunes user, now MC user :)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »

ok, thx for #2, that helps :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up