INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output modes in Jukebox missing?  (Read 1857 times)

Yorkwhite

• Recent member
Output modes in Jukebox missing?
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:40:19 am »

I have just installed Jukebox 14 having previously used the trial version of Media Center. I couldn't get any files to play when output mode was set to anything other than direct sound in Media Center so I thought I'd give Jukebox a go. However, the only output options are limited to Direct Sound, Disc writer and wave out - no wasapi or any other options. Is this right? I have tried three different installs but still only get the same options though the descriptions I have read about Jukebox say it supports Asio and many other formats. Can anyone help, please? Thanks.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Output modes in Jukebox missing?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:11 am »

I found this on a quick search of the Jukebox forum:

ASIO, Kernel Streaming, and WASAPI Event Style are only available in Media Center 15.

Thanks.

From 2010, so MC16/17 not out yet!

Cheers

SBR

Yorkwhite

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:07:52 am »

Thanks for that, the reviews I read were obviously wrong, though it was the latest version I downloaded & the description was with that. Never mind.

Any thoughts on why I can't get any of the output modes to play?

Cheers. Yorkwhite.

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 06:41:53 am »

The output modes are dependent on your OS and hardware. ASIO needs specific support from the sound device manufacturer. Wasapi is new in Vista/Win 7, so won't work if you're on XP.

What's your OS and hardware?

Don't know much about KS as I've never looked into it, but should work with the right hardware and Win 98 or above.

SBR

Yorkwhite

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:35:28 am »

I have Windows 7 64 bit version, Quad core 2.66 GHz CPU, not sure about sound card - can't find any details about it anywhere on my pc. Does this help at all?

Yorkwhite

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07:35 am »

Had a look inside the pc & it appears that it is just the on board sound card on the motherboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up