INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small screens  (Read 1275 times)

pluto

• World Citizen
Small screens
« on: January 15, 2012, 06:16:15 am »

Would it be possible to get the ASIO screen within OUTPUT SETTINGS to be workable at the native screen resolution (1024×600) of a standard small netbook?

It isn't possible to get to the bottom of this window as it's too tall! Every other window I've tried does seem to fit, although OUTPUT FORMAT within the DSP section only just makes it  ;)

As there has been no response so far, could I remind you about my other recent report at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69067.0

Thanks!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Small screens
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:48:50 am »

Even though I'm at 1080p on my HTPC, I hit this issue occasionally too because I have Medium Sized Fonts enabled in Windows.  It is workable for me, but just barely, and I have to move the DSP dialog box around to get to the OK button.

For your immediate problem, though... Many netbooks have a mode where you can put the display into 1024x768 mode "virtually" (where the screen slides around following the pointer).  It should be relatively simple to make a few different zones with your preferred DSP settings, while in that mode, and then when the netbook is in its normal native display resolution, you'd just have to switch zones (and not need to open the DSP dialog at all).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:43:04 am »

Thanks - it seems too much fuss though to solve a minor problem  ;D

I have discovered an interesting workaround though - if I access the netbook using VNC remote from a bigger machine, then set the netbook to 1024×768, it looks awful on the netbook's own screen but very good on the VNC terminal which configures itself to the proper number of pixels!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:24 pm »

We have a few dialogs that are a problem on small screens or with large fonts.

Unfortunately it's not an easy problem to solve.

Ideally our UI framework would add scrollbars whenever necessary.  This is a complicated change, but something we hope to do someday.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Thanks for keeping this on the radar - I appreciate it's not an easy one.

Could someone please consider my other report -

Import / single folder / browse (a NAS drive)

It remembers where you were last time [good] but an attempt to climb up the directory tree (by one level, for example) and back down a different branch does not refresh properly. Workaround seems to be to navigate up one level, press OK then re-enter the browser - this process forces the appropriate refresh. Only my NAS drive appears to suffer this issue. Any idea why?

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up