INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to connect to one server  (Read 1601 times)

aysil

• Recent member
unable to connect to one server
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:25:21 pm »

I tried the 17 to see if it solves my problem with earlier versions. I can connect to all servers on my network (found under "playing from...") but one specific server (Naim server). When I try to connect to Naim server and load its library, I get a message like "The selected DLNA server returned no files when using the search function (DLNA server search support is required by Media Center)." Is there a way to overcome this restriction? Many other media players can connect to Naim server. The incompatibility seems JRiver specific. Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: unable to connect to one server
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:39:52 pm »

Only servers that support DLNA searching can be loaded.  Search is a standard part of the DLNA protocol.  You might ask Naim to support it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aysil

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:08:36 pm »

Naim does not claim to be DLNA compliant but UPnP. So, I doubt if they will be able to change it. Is it not possible to bypass this requirement on JRiver? Many Naim users are looking for a good control point option on computer, and JRiver could have been a good option.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

Search is part of the UPnP spec.

We'd be happy to help Naim if they have technical questions.  Feel free to point them here.

aysil

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:28:58 pm »

I will! Many thanks for your response.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »

In case Naim looks at this, we're looking for the most basic search functionality: the ability to get a list of all files.

The UPnP browse hierarchy isn't really useful in Media Center.  

We import the tracks on the media server into our library so that all the goodness of Media Center browsing / organization is available in both Standard View and Theater View.

It might be possible to get the list of tracks by walking the browse tree instead of searching, but that's a crude solution in my opinion.  Media server devices should offer at least basic search functionality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up