INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO to a Droid 3 install problems [Solved]  (Read 2004 times)

JIMV

• World Citizen
GIZMO to a Droid 3 install problems [Solved]
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:03 pm »

I followed the instructions to the letter. When I call up GIZMO in the phone, it asks for a server access key. I provide it, tripple checked, and hit 'go'...the phone runs a process, retries 3 times and then says "There was a problem connecting to the server...' and then asks me to double check. I cannot seem to get past that screen.

Again, all the media network options in MC 17 are IAW the instructions...now what do I do?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: GIZMO to a Droid 3 install problems
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 06:08:04 pm »

I followed the instructions to the letter. When I call up GIZMO in the phone, it asks for a server access key. I provide it, tripple checked, and hit 'go'...the phone runs a process, retries 3 times and then says "There was a problem connecting to the server...' and then asks me to double check. I cannot seem to get past that screen.

Again, all the media network options in MC 17 are IAW the instructions...now what do I do?
Are you on the same lan as your MC server PC or are you trying to access over the internet?

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »

Thank you so much for the response...I am using my phone less than a foot from the PC through the House WIFI...I do not know if that means I am trying to reach the machine through the internet or not...

I have a N series cisco router with one printer, 3 PC's (2 with JRiver) and one iMAC. If I turn on the phone the local network does not see the phone, though I am connected to the internet through it.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:28 pm »

I have a N series cisco router with one printer, 3 PC's (2 with JRiver) and one iMAC. If I turn on the phone the local network does not see the phone, though I am connected to the internet through it.

That is really strange are you sure you didn't just overlook it on the router. You can find the wifi mac by going to settings-->about phone-->status
Sean

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »

The phone is connected to Wi-Fi BUT the network does not see the phone as connected...no idea why.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 02:44:28 pm »

The phone is connected to Wi-Fi BUT the network does not see the phone as connected...no idea why.
Try going to http://whatismyip.com with the phone browser and see if it gives and address that is the same as the internet address on your router (which it should).

JIMV

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 10:47:32 am »

Solved!...After all this time, my old server took a power spike and began to cut on and off randomly. I replaced it yesterday and then tried to GIZMO again...all worked exactly as the instructions said. I can only believe my old router was in some way not compatible with the program and the new one is...

Anyway, thanks for the help and WOW, great app!
Pages: [1]   Go Up