INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View / Remote Control / Suggestion / Request  (Read 980 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Theatre View / Remote Control / Suggestion / Request
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:49 am »

Hi

I've just started using theatre view hooked up to my tv. It looks nice but takes a little getting use to..

I have two remote controls. A regular microsoft mce remote. And another generic unbranded full qwerty keyboard (With a nice back light), a touch-pad and I don't know why, a laser pen.

I like being able to click on a letter or type out something and it goes straight there, on my generic remote.. I assume my microsoft remote can do the same (I programmed all my buttons straight away, so I have not tried it out this way..)

Anyway my suggestion, because I pre-programmed all the buttons on my remote, I can't type out something with it.. Could you make a programmable toggle button that will toggle on and off the effects of learned buttons (Apart from the button that has learnt to toggle all the others on and off). This way everyone who has a remote similar to mine, and programs their buttons will still be able to use the numeric keyboard to search their library..

Thanks

Edit

If you do maybe a little icon in the top left/right coner would be good to indicate the state..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theatre View / Remote Control / Suggestion / Request
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:40:16 am »

On the numeric keypad of the MC Remote, you can use the letters.

Theater View can be modified to add letter ranges (A-C, D-F, etc.).

Channel Up and Down work as Page Up and Down.

locust

Re: Theatre View / Remote Control / Suggestion / Request
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:40:44 am »

Hi Jim

what I was meaning is that I have reprogrammed my remote.. There are a lot of useful commands (More than I have buttons)

I have reprogrammed most, if not all of the numeric buttons on my remote, so I can't use them for searching the letter ranges any more.. I think a programmable toggle button on could, if when activated would make MC ignore when a button is pressed what the post programmed function was (Except for the button that is assigned to deal with toggling between the modes)

This way it would still be possible to use the remote controls' non-programmed functions as well as user programmed functions (Except for the one button you assign to do the toggling).

Kind of like what the fn button does on netbooks (But more like a caps lock)

Thanks Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up