INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to lock a tab  (Read 1765 times)

Robert H

• Junior Woodchuck
Trying to lock a tab
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »

I have a DAC and Headset output. Im trying to figure out a way that works for me to lock the displays I setup so I can jump to them quickly and protect them during DJ sesions.  Currently I setup Tabs for DAC (Playing Now), Headset (Playing Now), Dance (library), Set Played and Set Unplayed. Set played and Unplayed just filter from the begining of the set. if your interested: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=69215.msg467199#msg467199. I generaly just look at the Set Uplayed during a dance when adding songs to the DAC Tab or sending them to the headset tab for preview.  I usualy just drop the Dance Tab.

This works ok unless I accidently click something in the tree while the DAC or Headset tab is selected. If Im not paying attention leave and later rush back to the laptop in a hurry, and my tabs are not what's expected, it can be disorienting.

I found this option in the tab dropdown when a Playing Now is selected 'Lock Display To This Zone' and thought that would be my savior.  But with it selected I see no change in behavior. I can still change anything I want.

So what does "Lock Display To This Zone" do?
Is there a way to Lock a Tab so that I cannot change it unless I intentionaly "unlock" it?

thanks
Robert

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Trying to lock a tab
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:10 pm »

Here's what it does:
15.0.106 (9/3/2010)
5. NEW: Added Playing Now view header option 'Lock Display To This Zone' to prevent the display from switching with zone changes.
It prevents the status display at the top of the screen from switching to show the playback status of other zones after issuing commands there.  In other words, you might lock your primary zone so that its playback state is always shown in the top bar.

Try instead Splitting a View into more than a single View.  Then you can Lock the View (View > Split View).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:09:37 pm »

I'd love to see a truly lockable tab, where even when the focus is on a locked tab a new view request forces that view into the next tab, or opens a new tab.

Robert H

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:25:34 pm »

Here's what it does:It prevents the status display at the top of the screen from switching to show the playback status of other zones after issuing commands there.  In other words, you might lock your primary zone so that its playback state is always shown in the top bar.

Try instead Splitting a View into more than a single View.  Then you can Lock the View (View > Split View).

So it Locks the Status Display at the top. Ok, that makes sense and is usable.

Robert H

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:21:26 am »

Ok, I have two zones set up, DAC and headset. One tab is DAC another is Headset. On the DAC tab right clock and set "lock display to this zone".  with songs playing in both zones when I select the headset tab, the status display at the top switches to the song in the headset zone. go back to dac and the status switches back. I check and the check mark is in place in the DAC tab for "lock display to this zone"

maybe im  misunderstanding you. but I think the status should have stayed  with the song in the DAC tab no mater what zone I have selected.

Mike48

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:29:25 am »

I'd love to see a truly lockable tab, where even when the focus is on a locked tab a new view request forces that view into the next tab, or opens a new tab.

+1 on that. It would be similar to what some browsers allow now, and I'd find it more intuitive than the current system.
Pages: [1]   Go Up