Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO  (Read 1728 times)

arrowc

• Junior Woodchuck
ASIO
« on: January 27, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »

Hello

I own the RME Fireface 400, Problem is --the sample rate will not automatically change from within jriver or Sony's Soundforge 10 or foobar --I have to manually change or stop playing the song and then start over.  In other words it changes the sample rate but then does not play.  RME says it not a known problem.  The strange thing is that it works in Mediamonkey???   Any thoughts.             Thanks Jack

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ASIO
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 07:37:36 am »

Try setting the "output settings" in MC's DSP Studio.  You could, for example, upsample everything there.

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:08:50 am »

I have the RME babyface, wwhich does the same thing..
As jim mentioned I upsample everything. Most of my music material is 44.1 (unfortunately) So I chose  176KHz over 192khz.. I figured the majority of conversions might be better off.. (44.1 x 4 = 176.4, albeit I'm slicing theorical hairs ) my theory might be wrong anyway :)

If your fireface is like the babyface you might loose channels at these highest sample rates. If you need them, you'd likely wanna pick 96kHz,

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 08:50:28 am »

Are you using ASIO per the Thread subject, or something else?  With many sound cards ASIO is the only one that will automatically switch sample rates. If there is an ASIO driver for your sound card try it at Tools, Options, Audio, Audio Output/Output Mode and check ASIO.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up