INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: piman66: many tracks missing after importing 2000 albums  (Read 1172 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
piman66: many tracks missing after importing 2000 albums
« on: February 01, 2012, 06:00:43 pm »

I got this PM from piman66:

Hello,

Excuse me to use the message way, I can't find the way to post a topic on forum.

I've just installed MC 17 on my computer for a try and import my library of about 2000 albums (wav files). My folders(artists names, albums titles) and files(songs) are on an external hard disc (nas server), in a "music" file. MC 17 seems to recognize the albums but on almost every album I miss the first song and sometime several songs.
Someone could help me to make MC 17 recognise all the albums completly ?

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome!

You should be able to start a new topic simply by first going to the appropriate forum board (Media Center 17 in this case) and pressing the "New Topic" button near the top right corner of the forum page. You can find more instructions here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?action=help

How do you browse the albums? Do you use the default Albums view in the Standard View display mode or something else? I wonder if the files contain wav tags and some of the files happen to have more or less incorrect tags.

Can you see the complete album folders if you use the default Files view?  (= another item under the Audio category in the selection tree)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

piman66

Re: piman66: many tracks missing after importing 2000 albums
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:56:44 pm »

Thank you very much for your answer,
When I open Audio  and then Albums, I see hundreds of unknowned albums and when I open them it contains only one unknowned song (number 1 or 2 etc.) ... Must be the number ones and others I miss on the recognised albums... Is it a way to make the songs going back to the albums automatically or by hand.
I have also WMP on my computer and since I have installed MC17 I've lost the songs on the albums on WMP, except the firts songs that are not recognised by MC17  (:-\)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:34:31 pm »

I wonder if the files contain wav tags

It doesn't sound like it....

How did you rip these CDs?  Hopefully you created a somewhat thorough file name with data you can cull from to fill tags.

Can MC convert everything to FLAC and apply tags in the process?

Good luck!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

piman66

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 04:33:50 pm »

Hi,

The CDs were ripped and stored into folders (artists) and sub folders (albums) in .wav (and tagged ?) by Windows Media Player 11 with an other PC. I m very concerned to keep my music on .wav to keep the best quality possible as it is lossless.
WMP 12 I use now on W7 recognise the albums (often the first song is separated from the rest of the album but it is easy to make it join the album). But I have tried MC17 and the sound is better, especially in the low frequencies. If there is an easy way to have my albums recognised completly I will use MC 17, if not it's to boring to have just a part of the album I want to listen to so I will continue with WMP  :'( (wich is not so bad and with an audiolab m-dac the sound is fantastic).
Pages: [1]   Go Up