INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Help With Library Choices  (Read 944 times)

ajglass

Newbie Help With Library Choices
« on: February 05, 2012, 03:23:41 pm »

Without any prompting from me, the program enrolled all my music, pictures and video in its master file list, including lots of backups on external drives. So now the duplicates play too.

Query: How can I do this search over again, this time skipping the backups (which I have since removed from the search list) without messing everything up?

A better approach, perhaps, would be to let users choose what they want to enroll before the files are automatically found and enrolled in the database.

Thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Newbie Help With Library Choices
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

No need to repeat the import.

1) Go to Tools > Import > Configure Auto-Import.  Select and remove folders that you don't want auto-imported (eg. your external drives).  This will prevent future importing.

2) To remove items from the library, show your files in an ungrouped list view, sort by Filename or Filename (path), select the files that you don't want in the library, and hit Delete.  Alternatively, you can use the Search Wizard to enter the Filename (path) criteria to cause the search filter to list only the files that start with the path you want to remove from the library (for easy selection).  Eg. Filename (path) begins with F:\
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up